Spastic foot bruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spastic foot bruise?

Saturday night I woke up walked to the restroom and on the way back to bed i developed a really bad cramp in the arch of my foot. So bad it almost brought me to my knees. I was going to rub it when I decided to just put it on the edge of the bed and kinda "rub" it with the bed. Well, the was the wrong thing to do. I let out a yelp and stopped. That hurt worse than the original cramp. VERY PAINFUL! I finally drug my tear filled eyes back in bed and forbid myself from touching it. I calmed down and went back to sleep. Since then it's been very sore. I accidentally caught a glimpse of it today and there is a huge black spot in my arch? Bruise.
    Has anyone ever had a bruise from spasticity like this?

are you sure its not a bruise from rubbing it against the bed post?
    dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

OUCH!!!!!!! Yikes it hurt just to read about your painful experience. No, never heard of a bruise, but then nothing surprises me. I feel like I am bruised, when there is NO bruise there.. go figure. It still hurts like I got bruised.

One thing to consider is taking magnesium/potassium supplements. I am lucky to have a marvelous specialized nutritionist to see. He can tell you EXACT what supplemnt, in only the dose you need (rather than take more than) and only for as long as your body needs it.

Hopefully in Tara's Nutrition section you can read up on this and what works to treat it. Trust me, you will not hear a doc tell you about supplements.

Do you have spasticity already? Do you stretch? I know when it happens so suddenly you are not prepared and yes that muscle/ligament is quite sore.

Good luck.. hope it heals up soon and you get relief!!

Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I didn't think I rubbed that hard. But wow, your probally right. Sometimes my mind is just so messed up.

Comment

The tops of my feet will go spastic, and every time they do I get a bruise on the top of my feet. I dont rub it or anything because touching it makes it worse. So, yes, I can bruise from this.

Comment

Working...
          X