MS Hug connected to lesions where???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Hug connected to lesions where???

Does anyone know whether the MS Hug is connected to lesions in a certain area?
    “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

For me it was my cervical spine
    Carrie

Comment

Carrie is correct.

The "hug" is due to spinal cord damage. The "hug" can be caused by any damage to the spine and is not unique to MS.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

M.S. hug and lesions

I agree with you, Carrie. I have two lesions on the cervical spine and have problems with the M.S. Hug. BTW, the only thing that will stop my M.S. hug in its tracks for me, is sipping on an icecold Sprite or 7-Up. Works 99% of the time for me. Of course, most people will tell you that I'm "different".
        Dx'd 08/2010 RRMS
        Rebif, Copaxone, Gilenya, Tecfidera
        "Fall down 7 times, get up 8"

Comment

my understanding is that it has to do with the intercostal muscles (the muscles between our ribs). i thought those muscles and nerves are disturbed by tspine activity.

Comment

Kenmore- I read the same; thoracic area is responsible for intercostal muscles. I would't be surprised though, if at least one person had evidence to the contrary. Nothing about MS seems to follow the "rules"

Comment

agree on one thing at least!

I've heard the same about the intertidal muscles. It made sense, but a lot of people experience the pain where there should be no intertidal muscles. But, like we all know, there's not a thing out there that the medical field seems to know so little! That must be why doctors say they're, "practicing medicine"!
              Dx'd 08/2010 RRMS
              Rebif, Copaxone, Gilenya, Tecfidera
              "Fall down 7 times, get up 8"

Comment

Working...
              X