Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who know a lot about spine stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who know a lot about spine stuff...

Is there a chart somewhere that shows the correlation between different areas of the spine and parts of your body. For example, if you have a lesion in a particular area of the spine, which body parts are likely to be affected?
    “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

I was told it's everything from that point downward

My lesion was C4-C5 and it affects my chest to my toes
    Carrie

Comment

I was also told that it is from the point of the lesion down. Mine begin at c2 and I also have one at c4,c5 and lower along with several in my brain so my whole body is affected.

Comment

Spinal cord lesions are well known for causing mobility problems. Cervical spinal cord lesions can cause problems from that point down.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

The SPINE and the SPINAL CORD are two different things. Lesions in the SPINAL CORD are difficult to see on an MRI, but the other posters are correct. Symptoms from SPINAL CORD damage usually occur below the area of damage.
          “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
          Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Here is a chart:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_...y_organization

Comment

Thanks! I knew I had seen a link somewhere!
              “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Comment

Working...
              X