NO MORE STAIRS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO MORE STAIRS!!!

So much to update everyone on, where to begin. Well, I think I told everyone last year that we were able to get on the list for Sec. 8 housing in Ca. We had our initial appt. about 4mos later. 1st miracle! Our case worker had some personal issues & dropped the ball, so we had a slight delay but in Jan. of this year we were given a new worker & received our voucher that day! Miracle #2! We then had 60 days to find a place to move. We could've stayed at our current apt. but it was 2 stories & I couldn't climb them anymore so the hunt began. After living in our own home for 19yrs & then having to move back into an apt. was a big adjustment so I was praying that we could find a house but we had a cap on what the rent could be so it looked as if a house wasn't going to happen, plus a lot of the apts & houses are w/ property mgt. companies & they won't accept Sec.8.

My parents were also looking to move & my mom told me about a lady she had talked to about an apt who said her MIL was buying a triplex & she would call her when it was available. I went with my mom to look at them & it turned out that they were 3 separate houses w/garages on an acre. I loved the house, the landlord had no problem w/ Sec.8 & was willing to reduce the rent to allow us to get in! My husband wasn't keen on living so close to my family at first but when he saw the house & that it had EVERYTHING we wanted, a garage, a yard, single story & 3 sides of it have open fields beside it, he said to go for it! Miracle #3!

We moved in towards the end of Feb. & are in heaven!! We have wonderful landlords who take pride in their properties. My parents live at the front of the property & we are in the very back. We have identical houses! The house in the middle is a lot older & needs a lot of work so we really have no neighbors right now! Our rent went from $850mo to $311.mo!! We can actually take care of some bills now & maybe get out of this hole we are in!

If I am standing in the middle of the house, I can get to every room in less than 10 steps & NO stairs! Praise God!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

uplifting

What an uplifting story to hear today. I hope and wish that your fortune continues.
    LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Comment

Miracles do happen.. YOU were patient..and blessed!!

YEAHHHH!!!!

Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Your great news

I am so pleased to read your good news . I can just hear the happiness exploding out of you. It is great to hear uplifting news once in a while . I remember from previous posts that you live near San Luis Obispo. My daughter goes to school at Cal Poly and is looking for housing for the Fall. There is a lot of competition in the area so you are indeed fortunate to have found such a great place. Once again, congratulations.

Comment

How wonderful for you and your family ! Sometimes things really do work out. What a great story to share with everyone !

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

That is just fantastic news. It is great that things are looking up for you. Congratulations to you and enjoy your new home.

Take good care
            "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
            Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Jessiesmom, yes, it is really tough to find housing in SLO. Especially if you're NOT a college student. I had hope to find a place there because the weather would be perfect for me but the rents are much higher because its usually more than 1 person paying the rent so instead of asking say, $1200 for a 3bd house they can charge $1800 because its 3/4 separate people paying $500-600 each.

Let your daughter know that my daughter is the asst. supervisor at Chick-fil-A in The Avenue. Her name is Bethany & if she is looking to meet people & make friends, Beth is a sweetheart!! There is another girl who works there & her name is Anoosh. She is our childcare worker at our church, also a sweetheart!
              "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

Friends in SLO County

Luv2Worship, thank you so much for offering your friendship and that of your family to my daughter . See, something good CAN come out of having MS. I will let you know how my daughter's off campus housing search goes.

Comment

Working...
                X