Optic Neuritis Question - Just Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optic Neuritis Question - Just Curious

A recent post concerning potential ON got me to thinking about my own medical history and I wanted to get an idea of how common this is, so here are my questions:

1) how many flares of ON have you had? I've had 11 but am not sure if this is below, above or just average.
    2) has anyone else dealt with ON in both eyes at the same time? that was pretty scary since I was basically blind, unable to work or drive.

Thanks,
    Lisa

My ON Experience

I have had 2 very distinct episodes of Optic Neuritis. Each time only one eye was affected. It would be extremely scary for both eyes to be affected at the same time. I was diagnosed with RRMS during my 2nd episode about 6 years ago.

Comment

Both eyes..

I HAVE HAD BOTH EYES EFFECTED AT THE SAME TIME.. BUT LUCKILY .. THAT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE. LEFT EYE CAME BACK.. RIGHT EYE NOT SO MUCH..

I CAN'T SAY THAT I HAVE HAD THE NERVE DAMAGE REPEATED ON THE OPTIC NERVE.. BUT DO EXPERIENCE FREQUENT PROBLEMS WITH THE RIGHT EYE... SUCH AS.. THE PUPIL DOES NOT CLOSE WHEN LIGHT IS SHINED IN IT, CAN'T DRIVE AT NIGHT BECAUSE OF THAT.. WHEN TIRED OR STRESSED I CANNOT SEE OUT OF IT.. FREQUENT O.N. IDK.. THIS WOULD BE A GREAT QUESTION FOR THE OPT DR. PERHAPS THEY CAN HAVE A BETTER ANSWER. :roll eyes:

OMI
      OMZONE

Comment

I've had one (right eye only), and it is what led me to my MS diagnosis in Jan-2010.

I've only had one flare since then, and it did not involve my vision - only mobility.

Comment

Working...
        X