Infections and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infections and MS

Hello I think I've posted this question b/f but not sure so I'm asking can a person have a sinus infection without knowing it and can it effect your MS? Sinus inflamation showed up on MRI with no new activity in the brain. I have been dizzy for the past 3 1/2-4. I have had no SYMPTOMS of a sinus infection. I do deal with hayfever some times and my Ent prescribed nasal sprays, one antihistamine and one with a steroid. Which work very well.

PCP prescribed antibiotics and low dose(4mg) steroids.Never been on oral steroids before only solumedrol.

Anyone ese had this happen or close to it?

I have another MRI scheduled for next month by my neuro.
    Should I cancel it since my PCP has already done one and these were the findings? Not trying to read too much into it but I really don't feel this is due to a sinus infection. But I'm not a doc either.

Thanks

Originally posted by meissie47 View Post
    Hello I think I've posted this question b/f but not sure so I'm asking can a person have a sinus infection without knowing it and can it effect your MS? Sinus inflamation showed up on MRI with no new activity in the brain. I have been dizzy for the past 3 1/2-4. I have had no SYMPTOMS of a sinus infection. I do deal with hayfever some times and my Ent prescribed nasal sprays, one antihistamine and one with a steroid. Which work very well.

PCP prescribed antibiotics and low dose(4mg) steroids.Never been on oral steroids before only solumedrol.

Anyone ese had this happen or close to it?

I have another MRI scheduled for next month by my neuro.
    Should I cancel it since my PCP has already done one and these were the findings? Not trying to read too much into it but I really don't feel this is due to a sinus infection. But I'm not a doc either.

Thanks
    Im sorry youre going through this! You can definiely have a sinus infection without the usual snotty nose symptoms, but think twice before canceling your next MRI. They're not all the same so your PCP and Neuro may be doing different sequences (I think thats what theyre called). IIf in doubt, tell yourneuro you just had an MRI and wonder if you need the second. Good luck!

Comment

I have been dizzy for the past 3 1/2-4. I have had no SYMPTOMS of a sinus infection.
      Dizziness is a common side-effect of a sinus infection!

rex

Comment

Yes I know that Rex!

Comment

Originally posted by newbie but goodie View Post
          Im sorry youre going through this! You can definiely have a sinus infection without the usual snotty nose symptoms, but think twice before canceling your next MRI. They're not all the same so your PCP and Neuro may be doing different sequences (I think thats what theyre called). IIf in doubt, tell yourneuro you just had an MRI and wonder if you need the second. Good luck!
          Can you do MRI's that close together Newbie?

Comment

Yes I know that Rex!
            I wrote that because you said that you were dizzy and had no symptoms of a sinus infection, but you say that you know that dizziness is a symptom of...a sinus infection. So, I know you rolled your eyes, but what am I missing?

rex

Comment

Can you do MRI's that close together Newbie?
              There's no hazard, if that's what you're asking; you can have an MRI a day, assuming you can afford it.

rex

Comment

Originally posted by kingrex View Post
                I wrote that because you said that you were dizzy and had no symptoms of a sinus infection, but you say that you know that dizziness is a symptom of...a sinus infection. So, I know you rolled your eyes, but what am I missing?

rex
                My apologies Rex I should have made myself clear. I wasn't asking if dizziness was a symptom of a sinus infection . I was asking if anyone had ever had a sinus infection w/o all the obvious signs like, headache,fever,nasal drip,cough,etc. some of the signs i get when i have a sinus infection.

I was also asking if the infection could effect the MS as in central vertigo/dizziness which i have had for the last few weeks.

Again my apologies for the lack of clarity and the rolling of the eyes, my fault!
                Thanks
                Meissie

Comment

Really..... I'll ck with my insurance company to see how that works. If it works out I'll keep the appt. for the neuros MRI. That's if he isn't offended at me already having one done by my PCP!

Thanks Rex!
                  Meissie

Comment

If it works out I'll keep the appt. for the neuros MRI. That's if he isn't offended at me already having one done by my PCP!
                    As long as you haven't rolled your eyes at him, you should be ok.

rex

Comment

Working...
                    X