A little scared...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little scared...

I meant to post this as a new thread and somehow posted it as a response to another thread...OOPS! Well, anyway, here goes:

Over the past few months, I've had a few episodes that I'm concerned about. In the early morning hours, I seem to be having trouble breathing as I sleep. I wake up feeling like I've been breathing super shallow and I have to take deep breathes. My diaphragm feels like it's being squeezed off and on.

I have had this feeling in the daytime here and there, and it reminds me of the kind of pain I had when my gallbladder was acting up, but I had my gallbladder removed, so I know it isn't that. It sounds like the MS Hug everyone has talked about, but it comes and goes from day to day or week to week.

The thing that concerns me is the sleep. It never causes me enough pain or discomfort in the daytime to be a BIG deal...more of an annoyance. However, the nights that I have spent the early morning hours waking up repeatedly feeling like the air is being sucked out of my lungs--that scares me. Generally, it takes a while of being awake and breathing deeply to feel "normal" again.

Has anyone had this experience?
    “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Has your neuro ordered a sleep study test? Mine did to see if the total fatigue could be caused by sleep apnea.

Comment

Working...
    X