Technical medical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical medical question

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys might be able to give me some advice. A couple of weeks ago I had an MRI done both with & without contrast. A few days later I get a new set of symptoms rock up.

My interpretation of the MRI report has me inclined to think that there was no significant change noted in any of the original lesions, although there was some "spinal cord atrophy" (anyone know what that is?) noted.

The fact that it was only 2 - 3 days later that the new symptoms showed up would make me inclined to think that it should have shown as a new or active lesion on the MRI, or do these things literally crop up overnight?

Any advice offered gratefully accepted as I'm off to the neuro for annual check up and go over MRI results in another week or two.

Thanks in advance.
    Teresa
    Diagnosis February 2011 Avonex: February 2011 - September 2011, Copaxone: September 2011 - current

The MRI results must be combined with your physical examination and your history of your symptoms in order to interpret what is going on. I think it will require a discussion with your doctor to figure out the technical medical question.

Comment

Atrophy

Means degeneration. You can google it too. On brains, mine is smaller.
      techie
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwiinoz View Post
        The fact that it was only 2 - 3 days later that the new symptoms showed up would make me inclined to think that it should have shown as a new or active lesion on the MRI, or do these things literally crop up overnight?
        I agree. It seems very unlikely that lesions would go from being invisible to causing significant new sx in a matter of days.

Don't forget that old lesions can act up even in apparently new ways, too...
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Silly me

Why didn't I think to google it!? Thanks for your responses, I'm seeing my neuro on the 29th, but I'm never patient enough to wait for my appointment.
          Teresa
          Diagnosis February 2011 Avonex: February 2011 - September 2011, Copaxone: September 2011 - current

Comment

Working...
          X