new sx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new sx?

A couple of times, while walking this weekend, it seemed as if my rt leg muscles just said "we're tired of holding up your leg" & went on strike. Thankfully I was able to catch myself before I fell & the muscle weakness lasted just a moment, but I had several "episodes".

I always have varying degrees of cramping/twitching in my rt calf/foot, no changes there.

Could this muscle weakness be a new sx? Sx of stress and/or too little rest?

Thank you for sharing your experience & knowledge!
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

I have that same thing happen to me. It usually happens if I overdo my walking. I can walk with a cane at home and that helps me not fall over. I kinda have it double because my right leg is numb and lately my left leg has decided to join in the fun and be numb too. Fun walking when you cant feel your legs.

Comment

Hats, we're you fatigued or tired when this happened? I noticed that you live in Texas, could you have been a bit overheated?

Both fatigue and heat can cause existing sx to act up and/or new sx to rear their ugly heads.

Hope this doesn't hang around for you.

Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I started a post about over doing it this week, and judging by the answers I got it would seem most people experience a worsening of their excisting sx when they push themselves to far. As to how far they have to push themselves before their bodies start complaining...well that varies a great deal, for me it was a bit of repetative bending before my legs burned and became jelly, couple days rest and they are much better just a little weaker.
        Hope your leg gets better soon.
        Cheers
        Kathy
        2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Tired? yes Stressed? YES! - my mother is in town visiting, 'nuff said. Hot? Not that I recall, weather hasn't gotten unbearably hot yet.

This was a different type of muscle weakness than when I get over heated or push myself too far. What concerned me was it came out of the blue -- probably just the nature of this MonSter!
          DX 10/2008
          Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
          Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
          Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
          X