Does this ever happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this ever happen to you?

My husband flopped his arm on me last night, that set off spasms in my hip joint and down my leg. He was so mad and said "I need to sleep myself!" I was thinking about he should of said "sorry for hitting you and are you ok?"

Sara

No this has not happened to me but he should have done just what you said. It's not your fault he triggered your spasms. He should have apologized. Maybe he's stressed and isn't telling you. Are you newly diagnosed?

Comment

nope

Hi Sara,

Never happened to me and I agree he should have asked if you were OK. With that said, I am a terror to wake up suddenly and will lash out and say things I normally wouldn't.

Perhaps he is very worried for you or that the spasms/tremors are keeping him up at night and he just shot off at the mouth....

I get up frequently to go to the bathroom and ever since my dx, my DH seems to wake up every time I get out of bed...he watches me to make sure I'm OK, so I know he's losing sleep over this as well. But he is retired and I work full time, so he can (and does) catnap during the day and evening.

I wouldn't be too hard on him, but maybe open up a conversation and tell him his reaction hurt your feelings...

Good luck!
      Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
      Ampyra 10mg 2xday
      Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

It happens to me all of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X