Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you describe what your flares and the resulting pain is like!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you describe what your flares and the resulting pain is like!!

I will apolagize now, for I think this may be long
    What has prompted this question is this......I have had numerous episodes of weird sx since 2004 i am as yet undiagnosed. have just started new testing because of new sx(numb face).

Anyhoo.. one of my old and regular sx is pins and needle in my thighs, only this time it has presented as fatigue and burning muscles, nothing too bad unless i walk too much or go up stairs then the burn gets a bit worse. So my understanding of a flair is...either old or new sx coming hanging around for an unknown amount of time then gradually getting better with maybe some risidual damage!
    Which is how things have been going for me

What has confused me is... yesterday I did some light gardening, just crouched down a few times to pull out a few weeds, the equivalent of doing no more than 10 squats at the gym. Then I noticed the burning thighs which then turned into jelly legs which made me walk like one of those Thunderbird puppets (showing my age there )

Last night and this morning my legs felt like they used to a few days after a big thigh work out at the gym, so not only are they VERY sore, but they are still like jelly.
    So would you call that a new flare of old sx or is it still the current flare of sx being made worse by very slight exercise?
    This is the first time this has happened, and am not sure if MS works that way.

So I suppose my question is "do you have sx that can vary in their severity (mild to severe then back to mild) based on your activity, during the course of a single flare

Hope I have made at least a bit of sense with all that
    Cheers
    Kathy
    2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

I know that exercise makes me sore the same day i do it. If it feels like a soreness and you get tired from walking it sounds kind of like you over did it. I did the other day squatting down to clean about the same equiv of what you did and have been sore for three days.

When I have a flare, and remember all of us are different, it usually starts with an intense pain/burn in my lower back. It then works its way down my whole legs making it so that I can not even take 2 steps without having to stop to rest. Every time I have had a flare (13) I come out of it with less of something. Usually it affects my whole right side which is so much weaker than the left. It then after having 5 days of solu medrol takes me about 2 to 4 weeks to recover for a (good flare) and up to 6 months on a (bad flare).

I hope that this helps somewhat.
    LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Comment

Working...
    X