Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesions and Initial Diagnosis

Just curious....

How many lesions were present (if any) when you were officially diagnosed with MS?

10 in my brain, 2 on my cervical spine.

Comment

I don't know.... I have never got a straight answer on that when I finally got a report it just stated 10+ (too many to count) I really have not given it much thought since a person can have one and can not walk while someone can have 25+ and not have a symptom.

I know for me personally I am pretty sure I would stress about my lesions if I knew the amount.

Comment

6 in my brain

1 at the cervicomedullary junction (does that count as brain or spinal cord??)

4 in my cervical spine

1 at the conus medullaris (the very end of my spinal cord at T11-L1)

total of 12. i was diagnosed last year at age 30.
        dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

My first MRI report said "numerous". The second said "greater than 12".

But I don't think that the number of lesions correllates to how great your disability is or will be.
          I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

The amount doesn't matter, but the locations do. I had O.N. and no lesions. 6 months later, more symptoms, another M.R.I. And 3 lesions. Now, I have about 15. I have them in the right Periventricular (most there and my brain stem), Pons and spinal cord (I don't know how many there). I thought at first it was from Migraines and asked my neurologist. He said these are not migraine lesions. I found out later, my neurologist is also a neuro vascular surgeon and neurologist, so, of all people, he would know the type. Plus he said I suffered from migraines since 16 years old and they would have shown up a long time ago. He also said, with my symptoms and locations of the lesions, he said it was definite, clinically, radio logically, and definite.
            "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
            DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
            (Most expensive New Years Present)

Comment

Working...
            X