Patterns or Good/Bad days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patterns or Good/Bad days?

Hi, everyone! I'm in the "possible ms" stage right now, and I have been unable to work for a year and a half. I'm curious about how I've been feeling the past few days.

I woke up three days ago and felt ALMOST normal. By the time I finished my morning protein shake, my balance was not off, my brain was clear, I had energy, I had no pain, and I could move at a normal pace. This lasted until this afternoon (sleeping normal hours at night the last two nights and getting up the same way), at which point I seemed to hit a brick wall. Now I'm lying on the couch, my legs are aching, I feel completely exhausted, and I'm beginning to twitch again. I am sure my balance will be off when I get up in a bit.

Since my symptoms began, I have had a couple (maybe three ??) periods of a few days to a week like this. It's almost as if the symptoms all vanish completely, and I am normal again.

Of course, the rest of the time I have good and bad days, but a good day is being able to go to the store and not HAVE to use the scooter carts, being able to balance my checkbook or make a phone call, and being able to paint my nails without painting my entire hand or foot. A bad day is feeling like the room is moving when I'm lying down, only walking with a LOT of pain and balance problems to go the bathroom, and not talking at all because I know I won't make sense.

That's the ebb and flow of my life now with more good days than bad, but never "normal" except these few exceptions like the last three days.

Do others experience these little "breaks" from the disease symptoms?
    “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

yes, that is Remitting part of the RR.

Comment

Thanks for the memories. Been a year for me . I had forgot what that feels like.

Comment

I guess I thought the remitting part meant that it remitted for weeks or months at a time, so I've been suspecting that I am more likely to have progressive-type ms. Who knows, though, really???
        “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Comment

Working...
        X