MS Hug for 2-3 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Hug for 2-3 weeks

I had a bout with "The Hug" in January and it last for less than a week. 1 night of excruciating pain.
    It has come back now and I have been in terrible pain for 2-3 weeks.
    I am taking a very low dose of baclofen right now. He just started this on me 6 days ago.

The spasms and pain have been horrible. Yesterday I would have sworn I was having a heart attack if I didn't actually know what was happening.
    Should I be concerned about this "new" and persistent symptom.
    I have noticed more weakness and tingling lately, but I have been assuming it is just from fighting the pain non-stop.
    DX 10/26/11

It can take a week for the baclofen to really kick in. I had the hug horrible like you. The pain was crippling. My neuro increased my dosage after a month. My neuro told me that with baclofen, you have to take it regularly not just when your in pain. I still had the hug for a total of 3 months but it did decrease after time and now I dont get it much. I keep the baclofen regular in my system and it does help.

Comment

I was on it, but just got a script for flexirill.
      "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
      DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
      (Most expensive New Years Present)

Comment

Thanks all. I do take the Baclofen every day before bedtime, just a small dosage right now. I am leary about upping the dosage because even at the lowest dosage I am having problems staying awake at work.
        I did read online about some people wrapping ace bandages around their mid section because the pressure can help some. Has anyone tried this?
        DX 10/26/11

Comment

Working...
        X