Approved!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved!!

I just got word today that I was approved for SSDI.. No lawyer and it was my first try!! What a huge stresser off my back! Hopefully things will all fall into place now. Im so happy

SSDI

The lump sum comes first and it takes a couple of months for the monthly payments to begin.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Thanx techie. They said I would receive my first check in May. They did a phone interview today to see if I was eligible for SSI backpay.

Comment

That is excellent news! Glad you don't have to go through the high stress appeal and approval process.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Good for you
          Back in '98 I was approved after two appeals and it took two years.

Take good care!
          "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
          Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Yay!

How wonderful! I just submitted my paperwork yesterday. I just need to send in my doctors forms, Birth Certificate and SS#'s for us. I never really worked, longer than a few months and a few jobs. I didn't graduate from High School and tried to get my GED, but couldn't remember what I just read. I hope I don't have such a rough time getting it. I was also just diagnosed SPMS after being RRMS for almost four years. At least it was pretty easy. I filled out the application, online.
            "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
            DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
            (Most expensive New Years Present)

Comment

Good luck GGBEE. I thought for sure I'd get denied because as they say most are denied the first time so this was a huge surprise! I hope you have an easy time getting yours!

Comment

Congrats!

Awesome! I am so happy for you. I was approved last may on the first try too. I hope that things get easier for you with out the stressor of work, like it did me.
                Take Care
                LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Comment

yay, Sissy!!!!!!! A big load off your back!
                  Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Great news!!! Very happy for you.

I was approved last August also on my first attempt without using a lawyer and since then life has been much less stressful.

Good luck and enjoy having at least one less stress in your world.

Comment

Thank you, Sissy! I hope so too. I did it online, but have to take in copies of Birth Certificate and SS#'s. got my records (from neuro only) and only for the last four years. I signed consent for them to contact them and get what they need. It would take me ages and two phone book size books of records, lol. I also had MRI copies and reports. Hope that is enough.
                      "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
                      DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
                      (Most expensive New Years Present)

Comment

Good for you! I hope this eases some of the stress in your life.
                        I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

Congrats!!!!
                          I went with my husband(cause I can't drive anymore)right to the local office. They got my Neurologist's info and any hospital info as well(I had to go to emergency to get referred as I would have had to wait a month to set up a Dr. appointment). I hope my doc sent the right info. He did say that I was very disabled and updated my information from my last visit(prescribed fluoxitine and set up a PT). He also said he has other patients that aren't near as bad as me that are getting disability. He can't imagine how I could get turned down or denied at all.
                          Wish me luck.

I have some questions for some of you though. What state do yo live in? I live in Michigan, one of the highest states for unemployment and I guess that is clogging up the system. Many are running out of unemployment benefits and are trying to get disability for "mental" reasons. This is causing my state to be rather slow in responding to claims.

I think I could be waiting a long time.

Comment

Diomed, Im in TN. My state has the highest denial rate in the country, but I got lucky and got approved first time out with no lawyer and was approved in just alittle over 2 months. Im not sure about unemployment and that.

I wish you a speedy approval for your ssdi!!

Comment

Working...
                            X