@ Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Mar 04 '12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Mar 04 '12

Welcome to Rest Area 51... a special haven our your New MS family for newbies Dx'd w/MS in recent days or years and old-timers that are newbies at heart.

Take a well deserved break from your travels on the MSuper highway,pull into a nice cozy shady parking spot, Pitch a tent or just lay out a blanket and enjoy the crisp cool fresh air . Help yourself to fresh Cider and donuts. The camp fire is roaring in the open pit ready for hot dogs, marshmallows and smore's Feel free to share your ideas, experiences and support to your fellow newbies. Relax, you are among friends, friends that understand. We have a virtual soap box, feel free to vent anytime.

Being a newbie can be as scary and lonely as being in limbo, Remember we are you family away from family. The BIG question answered means many more new questions and decisions.

PLEASE.... Let us know how YOU, a member of our MS newbies family is doing.

Have a QUESTION? Please don't be shy........
    The only dumb stupid question........is the one NOT asked.

Take care and hope all our rest area crew are doing well.

?How was your Week?........
    ...Good I hope, Any Dr.apts tests etc?

? What does Feb have in store for you?
    ....Any Dr. apts. tests etc.

Gomer Sir Falls-A-Lot

sorta new to this but not really

This couldn't have come at a better time for me. I was diagnosed in 99 after 1 stroke like attack, nothing since then (that I recognized anyway, now I know better) I started this current attack in Dec had different things go on for over 3 months and still have effects from it ( think they are "learn to live with it" type effect now). I did have a 5 day course of presidone that didn't do anything. My question is how fast or how slow can things change with MS? Do I need to worry while running the 5min to walmart for milk and bread by myself being fine on the way there but not being able to get home? Does it change that drastically that quickly? Thanks for input.

Comment

I postponed my shot to Sat night this week. It went well. Had an appointment with a urologist today, that was fun....
      uh, yeah anyway...
      I'm doing ok and hope everyone else is too.
      Those Urologists are really fun aren't they Gomer?
      ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
      Dx the first time: 10/25/11
      Avonex 1/12-10/12
      Revaluation of Dx 10/12
      Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

BTW I like your handle Funny Farm......

and WELCOME.

My question is how fast or how slow can things change with MS?

Gomer's answer; So slow you can not tell its moving or so fast, blink and ya missed it.

It's just the nature of our MonSter and varies a lot from person to person and MS to MS.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
        Sorry I was a bit late getting this weeks rest area open.

I have one appointment a week for the next three weeks.

Still having voiding issues, the latest med I tried was flomax and it helped but I felt yucky and Diarrhea was another problem, so I stopped it. I am tempted at this point to just drop the voiding problems, deal with it,as another part of my new normal, as long as its not having a negative impact on my already weakened kidneys.

MY Copaxone did not show up last week, been playing phone tag and today was told the glitch is fixed, so I will be watching for the box

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Hi all...still reeling from my diagnosis on 2/24/12 and post solumedrol iv's. I am taping now on prednisone and having severe pain and feel horrible. Today was one of the hardest yet and I start my nursing school in May....I sit here wondering can I possibly do it all????????

Anyone else have heart thumping and tightness in chest from prednisone?

Hope all have a good week and thanks for letting me complain

Lisa
          RRMS 2/24/12, tapering on Prednisone and then off to Rebif

Comment

sorta new to this but not really

Thanks Gomer, I thinking that was the answer I would get based on this last 3 months. I really want my mind back that is the part that is scaring me the most right now. Did have these issues last time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Funny Farm 1 View Post
              Thanks Gomer, I thinking that was the answer I would get based on this last 3 months. I really want my mind back that is the part that is scaring me the most right now. Did have these issues last time.
              *didn't have

Comment

Those Urologists are really fun aren't they Gomer?
                If you say so C U N ct.

I say they can be rather PAINFUL, from my experience.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

You are absolutely right Gomer, they are pretty darn painful! I never want to go back!
                  ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
                  Dx the first time: 10/25/11
                  Avonex 1/12-10/12
                  Revaluation of Dx 10/12
                  Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

Ya C.U.N.Ct..........

And I have an apt with one this afternoon.

Just checked this AM and my Copaxone refill should get here this week, I hope, B 4 I run out.....lol The VA can be a bit sloooooooow at times.

Hope everyone is having a good week........

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Originally posted by lisad40 View Post
                      Hi all...still reeling from my diagnosis on 2/24/12 and post solumedrol iv's. I am taping now on prednisone and having severe pain and feel horrible. Today was one of the hardest yet and I start my nursing school in May....I sit here wondering can I possibly do it all????????

Anyone else have heart thumping and tightness in chest from prednisone?

Hope all have a good week and thanks for letting me complain

Lisa
                      RRMS 2/24/12, tapering on Prednisone and then off to Rebif
                      Lisa,

the first year is the most difficult, so don't make any life-long decisions now. Maybe you'll be able to handle nursing school, maybe not. Depending on how you feel day to day, it may make sense to delay. But it doesn't mean it's off the table forever. My first MS nurse had MS and I encountered another as well.

My best advise to anyone starting out is to test and be sure your VitaminD levels are high and to look at this website:

http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/Community/

Good Luck.

Comment

Gomer

Went to Nurologist yesterday They thought meds were wto.much They are going to run a renal panal on me. Think kidneys my be shot. Will keep in touch. Its very hard to wrigh t or talk. Miss you
                        Dave

Comment

I am very new to this. Had an MRI on the 1st of March and got a call from my neuro on the 2nd telling me the MRI was pretty conclusive for MS. I am on day 2 of 3 of IV Steroids and then will begin prednisone on Saturday. I have an appointment with my neurologist on the 16th to talk more about the MRI scan and I would assume where to go from here. I have 5 kids, 11, 9, 8, 2.5 and 1. I don't think it has totally sunk in yet, as there are so many unknowns right now. I think that is one of my biggest frustrations with this disease is that there isn't one path it takes. It is different for every person. I hate the unknown. I do know that I am currently having a flare up, how long it will last, I don't know. How long will it be in remission, I don't know. That's what is hard. BUT, it is what it is, and it is making our marriage even stronger. My husband does so much already because of a bad car accident 3 years ago yesterday where I suffered a bad ankle injury, I hate for him to have to take on even more. I am hopeful that after this flare up goes away, I can start doing more again.

Comment

iadopted3.....
                            W E L C O M E

Be patient with your self....
                            There is a lot of experience here at MS world to draw on, willing and able to help.

Jman...
                            good luck getting things sorted out. You sounded good on the phone tonight.

Had my urology consult
                            @ the VA (no tests) today. Said I had neurogenic bladder (based on previous data). Dr CarJar said my options were flomax or just deal with it. (That is what I have been doing for many months already) Suggested having a jar in the car etc. Already do that, hence the name. Another waste of time Doc.

Gomer Sir Fallls-a-lot

Comment

Feeling better. Good hearing from you.

Many test ahead. MRI. They have no idea of what is wrong. They said it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck but they said it doesn't look like MS. I think we went through this two years ago. I am blind in one eye and have lesions in the brain What does that equal. Wow four years of limbo. Trying not to go crazy
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X