Off to have vep & ecg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to have vep & ecg

Hi Guys wish me luck, Im off to get the cattle prod (as my neuro discribed it) Have heard so many different discriptions of this rangeing from slight pain to excrutiating shocks I think they are only doing my legs and feet, as that is where the numbness and tingleling is.

What was your experience?

Also having visual evoked test...not too worried about that one, looks pretty harmless! Is this test used to dx MS and how?

Will let you know how it goes.
    Cheers
    Kathy
    2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Originally posted by wally8 View Post
    Also having visual evoked test...not too worried about that one, looks pretty harmless! Is this test used to dx MS and how?
    One of the functions of the VEP is to track nerve conduction speed between the retina and the visual cortex at the back of the brain. Slow conduction speed suggests that there has been demyelination somewhere in the visual pathway, and demyelination is suggestive of MS. An abnormal VEP alone is not diagnostic of MS, but it is a piece of additive information that's useful in arriving at a diagnosis.

A useful tip for doing the VEP:
    You'll be instructed to look intently at a central dot on the video screen. That means to fixate on the dot without looking anywhere else on the screen -- while breathing and blinking normally. That instruction does not mean to stare at the dot without blinking, so remember to relax!

Comment

My experience with the "cattle prod" , which I've had twice , was Big Woopie , compared to other MS related things that have been done to me. Nothing to worry about. besides you might look good with a Afro.

Comment

Thanks guys..all went well, zappy part was,nt too bad, most damage done was to my hair do Lol The little cap was definatly a fashion statement

The tech man said everything looked normal, so does this rule out MS or can you have normal evoked potentials and still end up dx with MS
        Cheers
        Kathy
        2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Working...
        X