When to call neuro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to call neuro...

Hi I'm just wondering when I should call my neuro if I *think* I might be having a change in symptoms. In the last 3 weeks, I have fallen twice. I also had two separate instances of not really being able to hold a pen and write with it. How am I supposed to know when it's time to call the neuro? My family has told me that they are noticing a decline in my gait as well. I really do not want to do another round of steroids already, it's only been 4 months since my first one!!
    Julie
    DX 11/9/11
    Rebif Therapy 12/13/11

I would ask the Neuro what to do....if you don't want steriods..maybe they will know other options available...make appt......sounds like you have not recovered from your last episode. Ask about physical therapy or just plain exercise
    [I]Tellnhelen
    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

I think it's time to call. Just tell them what you've told us, and they can work with you to decide if you need to come in or if you need to wait it out.

It's so hard to know in those first few months when to call and when not to; I think it takes years to really get to know your body well enough. Since your symptoms seem to be increasing, and even to the point where others notice, it's definitely time for a call to ask.

Comment

I would give your doctor a call. I asked my neuro the same question, and he told me 'if you have new symptoms or noticeably worsening ones, call or come in. There may be something going on.' That, and I figure it's better to call & waste time than to NOT call & wish you had.
        MS Diva
        (Well-behaved women rarely make history. Just a heads-up for ya...)

Comment

Working...
        X