Not again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not again

It's ten till four and I can't sleep. When I was on Avonex, I had sleep issues for the longest time. Months. Things have been okay since I have been on Gilenya, except for the occasional few day period. Until now. Maybe I'm relapsing or something, who knows? All I know is, if I can get to sleep, I stay asleep for no more than an hour or so and it's driving me batty. When the issues were bad before, I was taking Lunesta as prescribed by my pcp. It didn't usually help. I guess I'll have to call the clinic on Monday. This sucks.

Sorry you're wide awake. Sleeping tablets help?

Comment

Sorry about the sleeplessness. I suffer from that too. Since my flare in October, my neuro put me on amitriptyline to help me sleep and for pain. Has worked like a charm for me. Maybe you might need something to help you.

Comment

Have you been on any steroids lately? Is pain or discomfort causing you to not sleep or are you just wide awake?
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I take one ambien per night and sleep really good. It's hard enough to get through the day with the fatigue and without 8 hours of sleep it is almost impossible for me. to make it the next day. I need to keep my job as long as I can! I can not function at work without sleep. At first I was very skeptical about taking them until the dr told me I HAD to sleep in order to help the fatigue. I am so glad I followed his directions.

Comment

No, I haven't been on steroids lately. It just happens from time to time. I go through these phases where I can't sleep well, or sometimes, at all. Last night I woke up probably five times. I am tired to the bone today. I have new insurance now so I am having to jump through hoops to get provigil approved.

Comment

I have multi-day sleep trouble sometimes, and my neuro rxed 10mg Valium (diazepam) with the understanding it was not to be taken more than a few days in a row. He said it has less side effects than Ambien, and works well with gabapentin (which I already take for spasticity), although both can be addictive. Another advantage over Ambien is that being awakened (as opposed to sleeping until you wake up naturally) doesn't leave you feeling so dopey...

I only take it when I've gotten less than 5 hours sleep for two nights in a row -- or really need to be sure I get enough sleep for whatever extra efforts are planned for tomorrow -- and a half pill is usually enough.
              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
              X