Cutting Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite comment!

My husband always says I "need to be more careful." if only it was that easy! Does he really think I ENJOY running into objects and getting bruised up? Geez!

Comment

Me too

I too hit door jams and don't clear the corners. I also 'short reach' when I try to grab handles like on cabinets or the microwave door.
      I especially have trouble stepping over my dog. She likes to sleep in the middle of doorways
      techie
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

I do this all the time. I'll run into door frames or tables or countertops. I've gotten so many bruises on my arms or legs that I look like I've been in an accident. I side-swipe everything. I just thought I was under-estimating the amount of clearance I needed to make my turns or I'd gotten too wide for the doors. (Which is nowhere near true!)
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I love pinball! I am too uncordinated to use a cane. I've had two total hip replacements and after the doctor saw me trying to use the can he suggested I remain using the walker. I was like this before the MS flared up!

Comment

not just corners...

I find myself dropping stuff more, and here's one: my mouse finger tends to hit the mouse by accident, or if I am aiming for soemthing to click on, sometimes I miss it. And if its dark? I have to touch a wall or counter or soemthing to be sure which way is up....

Comment

meeeee 20

yep me too- bruises galor, and I have had to replace tires on my vdo to hitting those curbs!
              ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
              Dx the first time: 10/25/11
              Avonex 1/12-10/12
              Revaluation of Dx 10/12
              Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

YES. I had this right before I left work, and then again last October. I would get it turning corners at stores, going from aisle to aisle.

The only thing that helped me was physical therapy. I also find walking on the treadmill helps because I have to stay balanced. Anything that requires balance eventually helps, but it's downright comical and frustrating at first.

It's very embarrasing for me. It's like you went to a drive thru daquiri shop on the way home...

LBJ

Comment

I am definitely a pinball lately. The walkways (areas between the bed and dresser, bed and bookcase, etc) in my bedroom suddenly seem much too narrow. Whether I feel it or not, I always shout out "ouch" when I run into or sideswipe things. My legs look like a battle zone in which I am definitely the loser. Since this threat was posted, I just use the phrase "cutting corners again."
                  ~Lisa~
                  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

Working...
                  X