Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teeth Grinding

[F][/FONT]

does anyone else experience teeth grinding or jaw clenching? My dentist is indicating could be side effect to zoloft. I have backed down and now off if it but still am pounding the daylights out of my teeth... I got to thinking today maybe could be ms related..Any help or sight? I am just absolutely miserable...

ugh jaw pain

Yes I do have jaw pain as well. I find myself clinching my teeth for no reason sometimes. Stress seems to make it worse. Also if I have a day where I am in a lot of pain my jaw aches right along with my leg.

When I catch myself clinching or grinding I try to relax and tell myself not to do it. But at night well nothing I can really do. I used to work for an oral surgeon and he hated tx tmj type symptoms and the patients usually reported that the mouth guards didnt work well.

i hope you find some relief.
    LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Comment

mouth guard works!

the mouth guard is critical night time appendage for me!!! I use the Doctor brand I get in the local pharmacy. I see they are on amazon also, around $15-20. I have to trim the back so it is smaller (even though I have a "big mouth"...hah!), but I have wicked nightmares and jaw clenching without one.

I recommend trying it, since it is relatively cheap.
      You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I have this problem too. It usually happens when Im in alot of pain. I have actually clenched so hard I chipped a tooth... ouch!! Doc increased my meds and its much better now.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. i am in process fitting a mouth guard, they tell me it is one of 5 options.... This is going to be a long process i am afraid...I am pounding my teeth so hard that they are all cracking and 2 of them abcessed. I have so much pain, today is a little better but i have so much pain the vicodin.and 800 mg ibuprophen just take a little of the edge off. we are now trying to quiet my jaws, hopefully will help to unfire these teeth...unfortunately all this pain is roaring my fatigue...

Comment

I'm not sure I still grind, but I definitely used to; i have plenty of evidence for that on my teeth. I now wear a dentist fitted night guard every night just in case.

Comment

Hi Sparkle-

I spent over 2 hours in a dental chair this morning because of this.

I have TMJ from a broken jaw and had a brace/guard specifically for TMJ. Now, I am also doing the clenching (bruxism) thing. And my guard has to be updated. So I will be getting a new one next month.

This can cause some serious problems, so I am glad you got a fitted guard. It takes a while (about 30 days), but once you have used it for awhile, all will settle down and you will feel much better...without all the drugs.

Initially, your dentist may have you wear it 24-hours for the first few weeks, except when eating to calm down the irritation and swelling.

Personal fitted guards are really expensive, so make sure you ask how to take care of them so they last longer. My current guard is about 7-years old and still in good shape, just no longer meets my needs.

Cheers--Katie

Comment

Working...
              X