Assessing Muscle Fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assessing Muscle Fatigue

I am sure most of us have either experience this or continue to on a daily basis. How is this determined medically? This is a huge problem for me and interferes with walking, to even the simplest things like writing. When I tell my neuro this is what I experience, it is noted in the record. I was just wondering if there were specfic tests, etc. that confirm that is indeed what is going on that can be documented.

Hi JILLSHYE

I have the same problem. For me, the problem is the constant pain in my legs. Everytime I go to ny neuro I tell him and like you he notes it but it is never really acknowledged or dealt with. I would also be curious if anyone knows how this can be documented
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Hi Jillshye,
      Sparky just posted a link to a really good publication from the MSIF and in it they discuss this subject quite thoroughly (well, enough for our purposes)
      I think it was on the 9th or 10th page infos on how fatigue can be measured.
      here's the thread:
      http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118621
      Currently motor fatigue is also my worst problem, so I hear you!!
      Best,
      Lynne
      *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

Mine is in my arms and shoulders, has not hit the legs yet!

Comment

I reviewed the article on fatigue which was informative. It appears there really is no consistent objective way to measure this. My question is this: Since this is an area that SS reviews as determining an impairment related to MS, how do they determine our fatigue meets the criteria for disability. I can't walk type, read, etc for a consistently long time without motor fatigue, weakness, etc. affecting my ability and quality of life. How is this measured from a SS standpoint in determining disability?

Comment

Working...
          X