Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facial Problem

Hello,

Yet to be diagnosed, have had symptoms daily for almost two full years, and see an ms neuro every six months.

This morning my mouth has started pulling down/up. It feels like the muscles in my face are pulling it. Can last for a minute, but not really for more than three minutes.. Started to slur my speech a couple times.

Have been having it all day long, and it's kind of tweaking me out. I've had no other facial symptoms previously, and no other neurological symptoms accompanying it that point toward stroke..

Being tested for seizures soon, because of some of my other symptoms.. Not sure if that even applies.

Any ideas..? Could it just be muscle spasms? Should I even be worried at all?

I'm sure you've been googling, already.

Could be Bell's Palsy, could be a stroke, could be anything; is probably nothing.

Comment

Hi,

definitely call your neuro, especially since it's new.

I have one sided facial problems too.

If it's Bells, the whole side of your face may droop, and you'll be unable to wrinkle up your forehead on that side.

If you're googling, try looking up dystonia...it's a movement disorder that can affect the face. It can be a disorder in itself, or a symptom of MS. from what you're describing, google oromandibular dystonia.

Comment

Originally posted by quotefanatic View Post
        This morning my mouth has started pulling down/up. It feels like the muscles in my face are pulling it. Can last for a minute, but not really for more than three minutes.. Started to slur my speech a couple times.
        You say, you are being tested for seizures...some seizures can cause slurred speech and no loss of consciousness. I don't think they cause the mouth contractions though...but I am not a doctor.

One thing that can cause both of those symptoms is a TIA or Transcient Ischemic Attack. You can Google it. It does not cause permanent brain damage and mimic's all signs of a stroke and can be scary. But again, it does not cause brain damage, but should be treated.

I would not worry, but I do think you need to tell you neuro about it. Keep a log of date/time of when it is happening and take it to them. If they are TIAs...there going to most likely keep happening.

Best of Luck--Katie

Comment

Working...
        X