Extremely heat sensitive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely heat sensitive.

I am extremely heat sensitive. I have a difficult time when I get out of the shower. I feel like a melted marshmellow. I adjust my water temperature to cool and that doesn't help. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

heat sensitive

Hi there,

Have you seen an OT? They helped me last summer when I was really struggling w/ heat intolerance.

Hang in there!!

Comment

Hi, my neuro told me when I'm to hot, to cool down inside as quick as possible, not just outside. He recommended slushees, cold drinks, etc. For me, popsicles work. I keep a supply even through winter, and they do help.

Comment

Here's what helps me with the shower issue. make sure you're seated, so as not to tax your legs during the shower.

Get a handheld shower head...that way only one part of your body gets heated at one time.

Comment

I have heat intolerance too and I live in Florida!!!! I just hate to see the hot months of Summer coming! People don't understand when I try to explain it is an internal heat! I just try to hibernate in the air conditioning thus causing a very high electric bill in the summer!

Comment

Yep, I'm very heat sensitive. Agree that internal cooling with slushies, popsicles, etc. works very well.

As for the shower, I take a warm one, but at the end I let cool water run over my head only. Cooling my head seems to be the key for me.

After the shower I may put a cool pack on my head and back of neck if needed.

I am much less heat sensitive than I used to be, I'm grateful for the improvement! I used to go temporarily blind from even eating spicy food.

Comment

do you guys sweat with your heat issues? i sweat when its 30 deg or lower. it is quite annoying..i mean buckets and it all comes from the top of my head. don

Comment

actually its funny you mention this because it takes a LOT to make me sweat. i will sweat if working out at the gym but i will not sweat if the room is warm, if i am sleeping under too many blankets, etc. sometimes, i feel like i have difficulty regulating my body temperature because of it. my feet will sometimes feel as though they are on fire, or i will toss and turn all night because my legs are too hot, but i will not sweat.
                dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

I make sure to take a shower at least an hour before I need to go anywhere or do anything. That way I have a while to recover from my shower.

MomToMiracle, what did the OT do to help? I would love to find anything that would help with this, short of waiting an hour.

Comment

Working...
                  X