Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone get electrical shocks in their hands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone get electrical shocks in their hands?

I get something I can only describe as sticking my fingers in a light socket feelings in my hands, especially when I try to use them. It's really annoying and I've dropped a number of glasses and broken them because of it. I am now using plastic glasses, because it's so frequent. It's all day, every day and many times an hour.

I've had those shocks in my hands and also feet and especially in the end of my big toe. I call them zingers. They feel like someone is jabbing me with a hot needle. I'll get several in a row sometimes for days at a time, then I won't have them for weeks.

Gabapentin can sometimes help with those, but not always.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Ive been getting those alot lately. I also have spasms in my fingers and sometimes the spasms and zapping feeling happen at the same time, man does that hurt!!

Comment

I get this crazy dizzy feeling for about 10 seconds and then I get a shock in my right fingertips and the dizzy is gone. This just started and has been happening a few times a day. Weird!!
        Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
        Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Yes, but only when I'm out in the cold and extend my wrists quickly. I've not yet asked about it, and thought it was maybe carpal tunnel.
          I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

I get them in my hands sometimes, but most of the times in my big toe like the previous poster (sorry, can't remember who right now). It STINKS!
            “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Comment

I get them too, but usually when I shake someone hand or squeeze something like pliers. Goes all the way from my hand to my elbow and I always drop what I'm holding. A couple of years ago I was working on some wiring and it happened three times. I was working on a different circuit and turns out the electricity was still on. Go figure.

Comment

I get these in my feet. Mainly in my big toes like others have said. It really does feel like a shock. I can have it happen with every step I take at times.
                DX 10/26/11

Comment

Does anyone know why the BIG TOE is so common? I wonder what it is!
                  “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Comment

YES!!! So annoying! All day long like gripping a tuning fork. Try stroking a towel...feels weird!
                    Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Me too- goes from my elbow through my fingers, sometimes from my thigh through the bottom of my foot. Kind of reminds me of when I had my lp and the doc hit a nerve- like lightening is going through me. Thankfully it's not something that happens all the time.
                      Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

Comment

Forgot to mention- in the last week I've broken the carafe to my espresso machine, 2 glasses, and our chemex (all glass) coffee maker. It's either a sign that I need to give up caffeine or that I should stop attempting to pick anything up with my left hand- not sure which
                        Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

Comment

Yes I get them in both hands. Neuro just writes it down in my chart...no explanation...just MS.

Comment

Working...
                          X