Happiness abounds!!!!!! Med long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness abounds!!!!!! Med long

Just wanted to share something and ask a ?

This week end my dh and I went to daughter's home and she allowed us to see my two grandchildren we have not been allowed to see since Dec. 2004. After speaking with my dh (not her father however we have been married 26 years this month and he walked her most of the way down the aisle before handing her off to her bio dad)on her front porch for about 10 min she ask if we wanted to see the children. I spoke up and said yes and the tears started (I never cry except about this). Then I quickly pulled it together.

I ask if I could hug them and she and they said yes. I was thrilled out of my mind.!!!!!!! After about 5 min I said maybe you should go back inside cause your "pigs" might get cold. (feet of course). They just stayed and daughter didn't push them in. We continued to talk about another 5 or so and then (didn't want to push my luck) I said your "pigs" are going to freeze and we need to go and let our dogs out (fyi I would have stood there all day and night and let the dogs poop in the house if I thought I could have).

Then they went inside and I ask my daughter if I could hug her and she said "yes". I did and told her I LOVED her and said this meant more to me than you would ever know!!!!! Then I started to cry and walk to the car. I cried off and on most of the 45 miles home. My dh had asked if we could talk and set some boundaries. She said you have my cell # (they changed their home #).

My dh has been out of work since Nov of 2008 except for a few months in 2010. Then out all of 2011. He had an interview last week but we haven't heard yet. Please pray if you do for him. Our house is about to go into foreclosure and I had a new knee and shoulder surgery in 2010.

Although I would prefer not to lose our house and all we own, I would never trade that for the happiness of perhaps getting to see our grandchildren again as we don't know why she stopped letting us.

My ? is this: I can't hardly sleep at all except for about 20 minutes here and there. Have always had insomnia but now it's just absurd. Not much sleep at all. I am quite sure it's from the apprehension and excitement however I am wondering if I should try to drug myself to sleep (not over medicate just the prescribed amt) or just wait till I crash. This was on Sat about 9 a.m. and it is now Mon am at almost 6a.m. Don't get me wrong the high I'm on is unbelievable (no drugs needed here lol!!!!!!). I'm just concerned about no sleep at all. Any thoughts out there?

Ya rah rah rah for us with the grandchildren!!!!!!

Great news!

About the sleep?
    Have you tried ambien? seems to knock me out for 4-5 hours? Not much hangover.

Nice to hear the good news about your family.

Comment

Wow, making that progress with your daughter and seeing your grandchildren is making me misty.

Good luck to your husband with the possible job!

Comment

Originally posted by jkforrest View Post
        [...] I am wondering if I should try to drug myself to sleep (not over medicate just the prescribed amt) or just wait till I crash. [...] I'm just concerned about no sleep at all. Any thoughts out there?
        I do make exceptions for when I need to sleep but know it will be difficult/impossible (like long flights), by my personal rule is to medicate whenever I've gone two days in a row with much less than six hours sleep each. It seems to take a lot longer to recover from a sleep deficit than it used to...
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
        X