Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

answers from my bros & sisters....

Sorry I've been away 4 so long; had a large stone in each
    kidney; surgeon took one, going in 4 other Mon., 20.

Have colostomy, iliostomy,haven't walked 20 yrs, and in

light of all this need to know what's coming.

I can't gain weight, can't eat sometimes, am always in pain

and am beginning to understand what upper body spasms

are about. I've had leg spasms forever, they've worsened.

Does anyone have any insight into the last stages of this

disease? depressed & need answers, angel thanks
    livelover

I'd say if your surgeon is willing to operate on you, there's a fair bit of life left in you yet.

I've never seen anyone who was end-stage MS, so I don't know what that might be like, but I have been there at the very end with three of my grandparents.

They were all very old and immobile, and their organs slowly packed it in.

They were in pain, but the drugs seemed to help.

None of them were scared at the end, so I figure they didn't die until they were ready.

Grandfather was absolutely not wanting to die, until the last night, when he said, "Righto, bugger off you lot, I'm going to go now."

Nana had dementia, so I don't know what she would have thought. Probably "about time".

She was religious, when she had her marbles.

Grandpa actually said, "I'm not frightened. It's time."

I don't know whether any of that helps any. It is a comfort to me.

Good luck with your operation.

Comment

re: thinkimjob

thinkimjob, ThANKS 4 the re; helps 2 no someone's at

least hearing me.

hugs, angel
      livelover

Comment

Good luck, angel. I hope the surgery goes well and you are comfortable.
        Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

hey angel, i have no idea about the end stages. i just wanted to send you my well wishes.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi angel ~ sending good wishes and prayers to you as well and good luck on your surgery. Do you have a good support system? Family nearby? Keep us up to date and be strong.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Angel,

I see you are near Boston, so am I. I know we have good doctors and hospitals here, so I really hope you can get better symptom management. I am guessing that means better pain meds and better meds for your spasms. I really hope you can find some relief.

Wishing you the best!

Comment

I've seen end-stage MS, angel, and you are definitely not there (although you are having significant problems...I'm sorry for that...)

We're all here for you, sweetie, so feel free to come whenever you can and give us a shout out!
                “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
                  I've seen end-stage MS, angel, and you are definitely not there (although you are having significant problems...I'm sorry for that...)

We're all here for you, sweetie, so feel free to come whenever you can and give us a shout out!
                  What is "end-stage" MS? I was always under the impression you died from something else? Now you've got me thinking & quite a bit frightned. Nona Judy

Comment

Working...
                  X