Blah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blah

I am so grateful for message boards like this. My husband is losing patience with me. He gets tired of hearing about all the weird symptoms and sensations I get. I tried to explain to him that I tell him because it is such a weird disease and I might look perfectly fine, but I'm not. He tries, he just doesn't get it and gets frustrated about it. I'm glad I've got a place I can go to when I have to vent or just talk to someone who can relate. Thanks!

MS is definitely a weird disease! I'm glad this forum is here too. (((hugs)))!!

Comment

I know where you are coming from. My wife gets tired of it, too. But I have learned when to talk about it. Usually the best times are the days after a neuro's visit. That starts the conversation going and I just stay with it. Don't get me wrong when I am having problems, like now, it seems to peak her curiosity abit more. But at my neuros visit this past week I learned she still needs to educate herself more. She believes if I don't think about or read about MS it won't be so bad.

But I guess our spouses do the best they can. If you think about it, the frustartion we have with the disease must be nothing compared to the frustration they have. They cannot feel what we are going through. They cannot imagine the pain we are in or how much we struggle to get through a day when we look perfectly normal. It is probably like comprehending a never ending universe.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X