How can I find phone friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I find phone friends?

Most MS patients know the importance of having someone to talk to. I have had MS for 24 years, and am now mostly home bound, living with husband and grown son, both working full time.

Most of my time is spent alone except for my 2 dogs. I'm unable to sit up in a chair or be on my feet for more than ten or fifteen minutes, so attending meetings of local MS society members is not desirable, as I just don't want to aggravate the pain.

Can anyone tell me how to find someone in a similar situation who would like a phone buddy? My interests include crafts like knitting and polymer clay jewelry design, I love dogs and cats and spent 20 years helping my veterinarian husband at his small animal hospital. Have some good stories to tell about our patients and their owners.

Please respond if you have an answer for me. This life of isolation is contributing to such a horrible depression!

Many,many thanks if you can help!

Chipola Lady

not the phone.....

I wouldn't be a good canidate for that. I have so much I my time that I rather not talk. I have some adversion to it.

But, if you can write maybe see about getting pen-pals? Maybe set up a email for just having a pen-pal? Do people still do that, have pen-pals?

Good luck in your search.

Comment

WELCOME CHIPOLA LADY!!!! JUST YOU KNOW, IT'S AGAINST MS WORLD GUIDELINES TO DISPLAY PERSONAL PHONE NUMBERS. BUT YOU MAY PUT YOUR E MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR PROFILE AND YOU CAN EXCHANGE INFO THAT WAY. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

i love to talk

i would love to talk! I was an army wife for 7 years...all my friends i keep in touch with is through phone calls. I am married with three children and a dog. My husband goes to school full time and works full time...so it is always just me and tne kids. I am home all day....just let me know if your still looking

Comment

I also forgot mention that i am very big into crafts....i had to give it a while ago cause of my symptoms. But i still love talking about them and learning new ones.

Comment

Just so you're aware, the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America has an online directory that you can post your information in. It's a connecting spot for patients.

Comment

One of the MS organizations like NMSS has a mentoring/buddy program for people to connect. I'm sorry I can't remember exactly which one it is but maybe a google search or someone here knows the name.

Also on Facebook I belong to several forums for MS and chronic illness in general so can talk to people in real time. One is the BYDLS Interim board (but you don't look sick's message board is down so we started one there until it is back up). Another is Life Coach Multiple Sclerosis. I have several more. A search on FB will bring these up.

I'm sorry you are struggling. Hugs.
              I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

Working...
              X