Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about disability

Hello,

I was just wondering, is anyone undiagnosed still, but already in a wheelchair or using a walking aide..?

Really would like a response.. thanks!

I am undx'd and bought a cane last month. I don't have to use the cane on a regular basis but do have days that it helps alot weather for a balance aid or the legs are too tired or painful to work right. I am learning that I need to take it with me to places that require prolonged walking, like the store for a just in case I need it precuation. Not sure if this is the level of walking aid you were curious about but yes I have one and am undx'd.
    COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

I've been on the diagnostic roller coaster for the past almost six years. Back in spring of 2009, my legs were so weak that I ended up buying a cane and had to use it for a month or two. I also had to use the motorized carts in stores because I just could not walk long distances. Since that time (and since starting on ALA, ALC, and Vitamin D), I haven't had to use a cane or the carts, except once when I was having bad spasms in my knee about a year ago, but that was just for a couple of days.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I am in the process of getting a scooter, and I have not been diagnosed. I just can't walk very far, and a lot of days, I'm just really off-balance. I plan to use it in the house, too, when I'm very bad.
        “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Comment

Working...
        X