Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplopia Question

This is for people with MS related diplopia;

Has HEAT been a factor of causing or worsening of you diplopia?

I ask because it seemed to be a problem for me. I had my diplopia (& other vision issues) worsen when I first went to Florida (first Navy duty station). I always seem to have more problems or vision get worse especially in the summer.

Thanks.....

Gomer

Diplopia and Heat

Hi Gomer

I have been an active member for awhile. I have had diplopia issues especially when I have been in the humid heat! The dry heat like AZ does not seem to bother me as much. This was one of my first problems with my vision. My opthamologist told me that the muscles in the eyes act like a person that is lifting weights. My eyes seem to get tired and that is when I have the double vision. If I lay down and rest it seems to go away after awhile. I have also had bilateral optic neuritis! The worst attack was in Wisconsin one year...I won't forget that!

Comment

Absolutel!

I can mirror what Pattigirl said. The heat and especially the humidity bring it on.

Also if I just do too much that demands my eyes work harder will weaken my eye muscles.

I can even get to the point that other people notice that my one eye will lag behind the other.

My husband and friends will say "go rest or cool off, your eye is wonky."

Best of Luck,

Comment

Thanks for the input.....

I had one instance where in the summer fla heat I had issues with the bright sunlight for days at a time. MY Navy shop boss around that time frame had suggest I get an eye exam.

A total waste of time. I could not drive for days, went into town to the USO via navy bus, I nearly got run over by a car, a fellow sailor pulled me back so I did not get hit by the car I did not notice.

Again THANKS.......

Gomer

Comment

Working...
        X