Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When my legs "fall asleep," something new now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my legs "fall asleep," something new now...

When my lower legs fall asleep from time to time (like normal people), I now have a new thing. In addition to the numbness and pins and needles that I've always felt/normal people feel, while my leg is still in the throes of being asleep, I experience foot drop. No matter how hard I mentally will it, I can't bring my toes/foot up towards my leg. This happens on both legs when they are asleep. I don't have any sign of foot drop when my legs are not asleep.

Does this mean I've experienced damage in that area that under normal circumstances, my nerves have figured out a re-route to prevent the foot drop, but in the "falling asleep" state they can't do the work around? Pretty scary when I can't make my foot work during these times. I feel like I am looking at my future foot/ankle mobility. Does this happen to anyone else? Did it end up that later in life you had foot drop?
    I know everyone is not the same, and that I am very fortunate to still have pretty good function in my gait-- but still freak out when this happens.

Don't worry, almost everyone is frightened by new symptoms..! I experience foot drop on occasion, but personally have not had it when my legs go numb.

Just letting you know we're here for you! Sorry I can't help much, but certainly talk to your doc about any symptoms bothering you!

Best wishes to you!

Comment

Working...
    X