Pain with pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain with pressure

My cat loves to snuggle up on my lap, and I love it when she does that. She actually sits on the sofa and leans her upper body on my left leg. However, after just a few moments of her lying there, my leg will be hurting so much that I have to dump her off.

When I'm in bed, I sleep on my side. If I'm lying on my left side, my leg after just a few minutes will hurt so much that I'll have to turn over and try to get comfortable on my right side, then that leg will start hurting, though not as much as the left. (I can't sleep on my back due to sleep apnea.) Some nights I'm twirling like a rotisserie chicken!

I do have spasticity in my legs, especially the left one, and am currently taking 60 mg of baclofen per day. (My muscles are so tight that I look like a runner.) But is this pain when just the slightest pressure is on my legs from spasticity too?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

hi sasha!
    i've missed seeing you around.
    that really stinks that you can't have your kitty time i know how comforting that can be.

wow, i have to switch side for hip pain but now that both hurt i've taken to sleeping on the guest bed that has a thick memory foam topper. it makes a world of difference. i sleep and don't wake up feeling like i've been run over.

but before you make any kind of mattress or topper investment, i'd make your dr. more aware of how serious the problem is. i don't have much spasticity so not sure about baclofen. but it seems like there should be something else they can give you.
    have you been able to stretch or do yoga much anymore? ask dr. if PT or certain exercises might help.

praying that you get to painfree days!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

ha...ha....Some nights I'm twirling like a rotisserie chicken! I hear ya, me too! I don't think I actually have spasticity, but ever since I switched from Copaxone to Betaseron (about 9 months ago) I awake with horrible lower back and hip pains. Or is this spasticity?

Comment

I thought I was the only flopping like a fish on dry land. I did the PT thing and after three months they said my legs were still tight and that yoga maybe would help. Not sure how getting on the floor helps; but after Balcofin/Advil induced nights anything is worth a shot. Do they anything else out there for spasms?

Comment

Dear Chicken,

A lot of people toss and turn all night due to discomfort. Whether it's MS-related or not, eventually most of us have pain and/or numbness in the extremities. Very often it's just orthopedic in origin (not that "just orthopedic" is all that benign).

I'd write more, but I think you're done.

rex

Comment

On the sleeping issue...before I got my pump, I absolutely could not sleep in a bed, due to the spasticity. I just couldn't get my legs comfortable. Even with a pillow under my knees, lying on my back or my side, I was awake a lot of the night. So I slept in a recliner.

Now I can sleep in the bed again, but still transfer to the recliner some nights. I have no idea why the recliner is more comfortable than the bed, I just know it is.

Comment

Originally posted by kingrex View Post
              Dear Chicken,

A lot of people toss and turn all night due to discomfort. Whether it's MS-related or not, eventually most of us have pain and/or numbness in the extremities. Very often it's just orthopedic in origin (not that "just orthopedic" is all that benign).

I'd write more, but I think you're done.

rex
              LOL!! I read this during break in my class, and now all of my students are wondering what I'm "cackling" about. ROFLMBO!!
              Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
              X