Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Walking Problems with MS, Others Have This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Walking Problems with MS, Others Have This?

New issue with walking, it started a little over a week ago with an ms hug feeling, migrating from my left side to my right side for about 3 days, very painful as many of you know, then it moved to my lower back and started a very hot burning sensation that went all the way through my body, from the lower back to my lower – lower stomach area (like a hot poker, sticking alway through me).

This was very painful and no matter how I moved it wouldn’t bring relief. Finally after about a day, it reduced enough I could get around again, but… when I would walk a little, a block maybe, my legs would lock up, become very stiff, and I would get pain in my groin area, every time I would step. Then my bladder would feel like I need to urinate (though I don’t, I have a neurogenic bladder and have learned how to deal with it), at the same time I would get some serious spasms in my groin. I would have to stop walking until it calmed down, 30 seconds or so, then I could try again…

This happens still today, for the third day I a row. It is very irritating, has anyone else had anything like this?
    I called the neuro and they have rushed an appointment for me for tomorrow, they thing I may be having a new flare up. So I will find something out tomorrow hopefully. But it would help to hear others experience.

Before this I could walk a long way with only minor discomfort and a little bit of a foot drag. So this is new to me...

Thanks!

I had a similar but different experience a few years ago, shortly before my formal MS Dx.

I got an unusually nasty neck-head zap (l'hermities, (spelling)
    I have had them for many decades, but this one was very different, more severe and lasted longer, and it affected my walking about 15-20 minutes later. I have had those zaps since I was about 13, but never like that one and never before with any real after-effects.

I could barely stand to walk even with my walker, very scary. My foot ortho said my nerves behind my toes were inflamed.

I think is good you are getting in to see your neuro.

Gomer sez good luck with your appointment.

Comment

Working...
    X