Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

arms and hands tingly at night. Anyone have the same symptom??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arms and hands tingly at night. Anyone have the same symptom??

I do have MS. Recently I have been waking up with tingly arms and hands just at night. I have been doing yoga and when i keep my arms up they go numb too. Is this MS related or does it sound different? Any advice would be much appreciated)

It could be MS-related, but my symptoms of that type are 24/7. It's at least as likely to be a spine 'hardware' problem. For me the big difference between the two was that mechanical sx change with position, and it sounds like your sx only occur in two positions...

I'd see a back doctor. If you don't already have one, I recommend finding a physiatrist.
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

i have similar issues with my arms. the big question for my docs is whether or not its MS-related or due to ulnar nerve entrapment. the numbness and tingling worsens with fatigue and flexing my neck (suggests MS) but is also related to the position my arms are in (suggests entrapment), usually bent. this bothers me most when i am sleeping, typing, sitting at a desk, driving, etc.

if you haven't spoken with your neuro it might be helpful. there are some simple tests they can do in the office to check for nerve entrapment in your arms.
      dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

My arms and hands are partially numb all the time but they are worse at night or when I am tired.
        They buzz and I get the needles and pins stronger when I lay down to sleep.

Comment

I have neuropathy and the volume goes up at night

Comment

I have the same issues, I am thinking burcitis,(sorry spelling) could be wrong but I was told I have it in my hips, but the ruling on that was from a clean xray and tight tendons, so it could I guess be coming from ms.
            Anita

Comment

My feet haven't stopped tingling in lord knows how long!
              MS Diva
              (Well-behaved women rarely make history. Just a heads-up for ya...)

Comment

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome?

Hi Teachersaid
                I too have MS. As long as I have had MS-symptoms, I have had the numb arms/hands occasionally at night. I can remember this happening my arm in 1995 and trying to turn off my radio-alarm clock with a completely numb arm, it felt bizarre, like someone elses arm. Sometimes even the back of my neck and head go numb too. Once I stretch and move I feel a trickling feeling and the feeling returns. I've raised it with my neuro and GP over the years and I always get the 'that doesn't sound like MS' response to it(although I do have RRMS!).

I go to a physio and she suggested thoracic outlet syndrome. It certainly sounds like what is happening me when I read about it. There are stretching exercises that you can practise to help it.

If you've read anything about CCSVI, it is an intriuging possibility that in my case muscle tightness and spasticity in my shoulders is causing thoracic outlet syndrome, and perhaps in turn CCSVI. ??

I have noticed a few things that seem to trigger the numb arms/hands/head.

* Eating lots of butter
                * Alcohol - more than 2 units on one evening
                * Using soft pillows - a hard orthopaedic moulded neck pillow seems better
                * Bedroom getting very hot.

I've been doing the TOS stretches now for a while and I haven't had numb arms in ages.

Comment

Working...
                X