HELP, Looking for a new MS Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, Looking for a new MS Doctor

Hi, I'm Tim. I have had MS for 21 years with no real progression in that time. I have been on Avonex for over 12 years and it seems to be working. Now all of the sudden my doctor, who I have been seeing for about 2 years wants to change my meds. I don't understand why. Prior to her I saw the same doctor for about 17 years and he always treated me with avonex. But I left him because his staff changes and they were always quite runde. My new doc thats wants to change my meds wants to put me on Tysabri or Gilenya. I don't like the posswible side effects. She wants to change me because of my age?he seemed put out because I did not blindly follow her advice. I'm looking for someone new to see in the Dallas area. I live in Flower Mound which is north Dallas but can travel most anywhere in the city. Any advice would help.

Thanks, Tim

Sounds like she just wants you on the newest things out
    Stick to your guns if you have been on Avonex that long and have been doing well.
    It's YOUR body. You should have a LOT to say what you put into it.
    Besides there haven't been any reports that I've heard of that anyone has DIED because they took Avonex
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

I see Dr. El-Fekey in Dallas. He's a great neuro.! Don't blame you for not wanting to switch Meds!

Sara

Comment

I can't help with TX Doc, but I'm 52 M and was diagnosed in 10/11. My doc started me on Tysabri. It's the only DMD I've ever used; all three infusions!

Seems I've had MS for 20 years and it's the age of the disease, not my chronological age that pointed him to Tysabri, among other things.

I can report that I have had absolutely no side effects at all. None

Kyle
        At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

More Questions

Originally posted by Sara Angela View Post
          I see Dr. El-Fekey in Dallas. He's a great neuro.! Don't blame you for not wanting to switch Meds!

Sara
          I read under some reviews that the staff at Texas Nuerology is not very friendly, a bit rude in fact. Any oppinions?

Tim

Comment

Now that's just bizarre. You've been going along very well for 20 years, and on a relatively safe drug for 12 of those years.
            Why would a doctor want to change what's working? Change just because of your age, or change just for the sake of it?
            I'd find another doctor.

Comment

Working...
            X