Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braces for walking?

Hello,

I am yet to be diagnosed, see an ms nuero periodically.. Have had symptoms daily for almost two full years now.

Well, I have been having difficulty walking recently. One of my main issues is that my knees frequently buckle/ give out.

Has anyone ever tried a knee brace or some other device? Any luck?

Best wishes to you all!

I have problems with my weak ankles and have worn AFOs (Arizona boots) for 5 years now. I am sure they have some type of braces for knees.

Try checking out the assistive devices forum here, I would expect you might find what you are looking for there, or at least post your question there as well as here.

Have you tried doing a google search?

Gomer

Comment

Yes I use knee braces,as I also have sever ostioarthritis,& Dr's will not do knee replacements due to MS.But braces really help.See an orthopedic Dr.,they can be very helpful.
      Keep us posted,God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

And Nona, did you talk to your nuero about it before going to ortho? Because, I have an ortho appointment coming up, but it's for my rib.. (it's dislocated!)

Well, my next nuero appointment is scheduled for after my ortho - should I try and change that?

Best wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by quotefanatic View Post
          Thanks for the advice!

And Nona, did you talk to your nuero about it before going to ortho? Because, I have an ortho appointment coming up, but it's for my rib.. (it's dislocated!)

Well, my next nuero appointment is scheduled for after my ortho - should I try and change that?

Best wishes!
          Yes I did,& he was all for me going. I do think ribs are different as no PT is required for healing. I told my neuro what happened & he had to agree about the PT,but hoped my ortho would do something else. As I said I have these braces that do help except for tonite,rain due tomorrow so I just take a stronger pill.LOL Keep us posted God Bless Nona judy

Comment

Working...
          X