Neuros in central Arkansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuros in central Arkansas?

I live about an hour north of Little Rock, and suddenly find myself in need of a new neurologist. There don't seem to be any locally, so it looks like I now have to travel an hour one direction or another. I have no idea who/where/what/how to make an informed choice. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks if you can help!
    Peg

I grew up in Little Rock,AR. I suggest UAMS , 4301 West Markam St. www.uamshealth.com . 501-686-8000. this is a teaching hospital. I had surgery there and I liked the way you see serveral different doctors. Also liked the way they explained what and why as they are teaching other doctors etc.
    Sorry I don't know a specific neuro to recommend. But this is where I would go if I was still there. I believe they still help if you need financial assistance. Good Luck to you.

Comment

Thanks for your reply--somehow in all my internet surfing, I hadn't run across that yet. I expect my PCP might have some connections there--that's where he graduated. Helpful tip--I appreciate it.
      Peg

Comment

NLR Neuro

I could not be happier to reccomend my neurologist in North Little Rock, Cathrine Chenault. She specializes in MS patients. She has a great & friendly staff, including a nurse & Nurse Practioner---often I see her on an office visit. I live in NE AR & went to 2 different Neuros 22 mies away & was very dissatisfied. I later switched to a Memphis Neuro who is a genius & one that understood me & my problems. He started doing more research so, I left there to drive about 2.5 hours to see Dr Chenault.

One of the wonderful things they offer is an e-mail system to either of the 2 nurses---they are happy to answer questions, listen to rants & tell me if I need to get an appointment & come on in when I have a new problem/symptom. Feel free to call her up for an appointment--I don't think you will be sorry. Her office is on Springhill Rd on the opposite side of McCain from the mall.

Let me know how it goes if you decide to check her out.

RD

Comment

Working...
        X