Finally!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!!!!!!!!

On Tuesday, I went to see my Neurologist at UTSW in Dallas. I go to the memory clinic because they have diagnosed my cognitive and memory issues.

I had not been for nearly six months because I missed an appointment due to illness. My doc doubles as a professor, so if you miss you cannot easily reschedule. In that six months I became so ill, that I was forced to see another neuro who I hated, but he did MRI's and determined that my lesions I had previously are still hiding, but I now have degenrative disc disease of the cervical spine. - yay.

After I explained my issues with heat this summer, my two week flare where I was so ill that I wrote a letter to my hub with all of my life insurance info in it, and how I was instantly better once I got to 80 degree weather during my vacation, having to use a cane and the rascal thingy at Walmart etc.. and lastly my current battle with spasms and twitchy muscles.

So I presented him with my MRI's, he said It looks as if the other doc was looking for MS. I told him that I've been told I do not have it, and that the disc disease is being blamed for my symptoms. -- To be honest I have given up.

He began asking questions about my symptoms, checked my reflexes and muscle strength.

and is sending me to have a visual evoked potential - never had one and a lumbar puncture at the MS clinic.

I had initially tried to go to the MS clinic but they reviewed my records and put me in the memory clinic b/c cognitive issues were my only "true" diagnosis. Getting in to this MS clinic is TOUGH. You either have to be diagnosed or be on fire while holding a sign that says "may have MS".

So I am very grateful.. even if it's just for a LP. I am sure that my MRI's will be sent along as well, because he told me he would have them thoroughly reviewed.

I hope this is the end of this very long journey,and if nothing else gives me an answer.

I have put on a brave face during this difficult journey but to be honest, and I know you guys all understand...

The twitchy spasms are a real B. - and I hope something can be done to stop them. I can deal with the fatigue, the brain fog, walking funny, the stalled sentences, and having to "check" to see if I have to go to the bathroom, but the spasms and the TN are tough.

LBJ

You know you're hurting when you're grateful for the chance to have a lumbar puncture.

Here's to the clinic being able to figure out what is happening and how to help you!

Comment

(((( HUGS LBJ ))))

So sorry you are so miserable. At least you got into the MS clinic and hopefully they will find answers..or at least monitor you till you meet the McDonald criteria.

Being in limbo is an exhausting, and frustruating journey that yes, we understand well. Have they ruled out the MS mimics? Or they will..be prepared.

Answers-it will happen but may take awhile. In the meantime they can at least treat your symptoms. Make sure you eat well, exercise best you can and REST, reducing as much stress as possible. I went to a specialized nutritionist who built up my systems and my inflammation decreased enough that my cog fog, and balance issues improved a lot.

So.. in the meantime make sure you follow the thread: Limboland Checkin with others like you awaiting any kind of answers.

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Yes, all mimics have been ruled out. Stress is minimal, I do not work due to cog fog and am a Vegan.

Thanks ya'll for your kind words.

LBJ

Comment

So glad you are making progress in your quest for answers. ((hugs))
          Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

Working...
          X