Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible MS Question

Hi,
    About a year ago I started having seizures, ataxia, headaches, numbness and tingling in my hands, and right arm weakness.
    I went to the ER- they did a CT scan and it was negative, but they said to return if the symptoms persisted.
    A week later, I went back and they did an MRI and found some questionable areas in the pons. The neurologist said it wasn't enough evidence to diagnos as MS.
    I'm still having all the symptoms and I've been to numerous neurologists. So, my question is does this sound like MS even though there is nothing on the MRI? Any insite would be great!
    Thanks

Welcome, Ke6745!

Your symptoms might be due to MS but they could also be due to lots of other disorders. You don't indicate what the neurologists you've seen have come up by way of a possible diagnosis.

Most neuros would want more tests if the MRI wasn't conclusive, based on your symptoms. They probably did an exam where they tested your reflexes--? There might also be some evoked potentials tests and maybe a lumbar puncture.

If they suspect some other disorder, there would be other tests for those too.

You should insist on finding out what is wrong with you. It might be MS, it might not be.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
    MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Rep

I never had seizures. A spinal tap can confirm. I had symptoms for years before I was diagnosed
      RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Working...
      X