Possible answer to symptoms??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible answer to symptoms??????

Appointment today with a Neurologist at University of Michigan. Quick background...three and a half years ago started with intermittent left sided facial numbness and occasional lightheadedness. Progressed to frequent numbness in entire face, legs and/or torso. Balance difficulties. Trouble finding words, slurred and stalled speech. And finally, frequent and intense lightheaded which feels like I'm on the verge of passing out.

Two brain MRI's...last one two years ago. Three or four foci noted, but nothing suggestive of MS. Vitamin D low. B-12 normal, no Lyme disease, auto-immune tests negative.

Neurologist today does quick neuro exam; looked fine. Reviewed my list of symptoms and asked a few clarifying questions. He has a theory...silent migraines. Silent because I get the symptoms associated with migraines without the actual head pain. Other theory, of course, is anxiety. (Not discounting the affects of stress on the body however, I strongly disagree with this.).

What are your thoughts? He wants to do another MRI to see if things are stable. If so, then definitely not MS.

My initial MRI report said "lesions indicating a demyelinating condition such as multiple sclerosis or chronic migraine" so I guess it could be either. They nailed down the MS with a lumbar puncture.

I would track your symptoms carefully, whether you think they are related or not. Looking back now I had a lot of weird symptoms but they didn't interfere with my life so I didn't look into it.

A good question to ask your neuro is what leads him to think it is silent migraine? That way you have a solid basis to go from and don't have to stress about the MS. Good luck!
    I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

Working...
    X