I feel like I'm crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like I'm crazy

My right leg started going numb on Thursday night. It's getting worse. The entire thing is tingling/weird. It feels like the circulation is being cut off. Exactly how my arms felt first flare.

Saw my neuro on Friday. Did a dose of Solumedrol Friday & Saturday. It never did help my symptoms, infact my OLD symptoms have seemed to worsen significantly (back to what they were first flare.)

I haven't decided if the stress from everything is "flaring" things up worse, and not necessarily the steroids, or what. (The steroids are HARD on me - blood sugar, potassium, etc.) I can't even think. I had an MRI on Monday, but for some reason my Neuro only ordered a brain MRI (unchanged in 5 mos.) I had a lesion at C2 on my last c-psine MRI.

Why would steroids not help??? Even if it was a buldging disc, you'd think the steroids would help, right??? I feel like a medical mystery. Going to see my Primary Care Dr in an hour to see if she'll order a spinal MRI. I feel like things are being missed by my neuro. Maybe it's all just anxiety. I don't know anymore.
    Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Originally posted by shutterbug518 View Post
    I had a lesion at C2 on my last c-psine MRI.

Why would steroids not help??? Even if it was a buldging disc, you'd think the steroids would help, right???
    I'm still pretty new to this, but I *think* that steroids only help new, active exacerbations (attacks). The symptoms you described could all be from your 'old' C2 lesion, in which case I wouldn't expect improvement.

If it's disc, I'm pretty sure steroids will only help if applied in the area of the dics (e.g., cortisone shot).
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I've had several iv steroids treatments. It can take several weeks before you feel any effects from the steroid treatments. Sometimes you feel worse before you feel better.

Comment

The other 7-8 infusions I've received have always helped me fairly quickly, symptom wise.

The thing that has me so concerned are that these leg symptoms are completely new. The arms/face/double vision thing are typical old lesion symptoms that I deal with daily. They have worsened really bad with the development of this new leg symptom though.

PCP didn't feel comfortable ordering a spinal MRI, so I put a call into the neuro, but knowing that office, I'll never hear back.

I'm just ready to throw my freaking hands in the air and stop listening to my body. I can't handle more steroids anyway.

Comment

I've always found 'roids work more or less instantly.
          What's a spinal MRI going to show, d'you think?

Disc or MS? I'm thinking either way if the 'roids aren't working, you need to rest and try to relax as best you can.

They're as good as it gets, except for heavy duty pain relievers.

Comment

I was told by my neuro that they want something to happen during the 3 days of iv steriods. They said it shuts your immune system down cold.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
              I was told by my neuro that they want something to happen during the 3 days of iv steriods. They said it shuts your immune system down cold.
              That doc should try telling that to people for whom steroids aren't effective. If that were always the case, there wouldn't be much need in inflammatory CNS conditions for Acthar gel and plasmapheresis.

Comment

Well, I ended up feeling MUCH better the day after I posted this, symptoms are still there, but aren't nearly as intense.

I've also developed Reynaud's syndrome in both legs.

Neuro is waiting for a medicaid approval so I can get my cspine MRI done.

Comment

Working...
                X