No announcement yet.

Calling all limbo-landers limbo check in 1/24/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Greg, I'm with you on that one. Most of my jobs have been physical. I love being on the move, but am limited in how much I can do in a day without paying later. It's been getting me down lately, too.

My journey back to school is to find something more sedentary, and I have little confidence in my abilities when comparing my ability to grasp the material with others in the classes. They just seem to *know* these things. For the first time, I'm intimidated by the material and feel lost in applying it. Hopefully, this changes. There is some stiff competition out there and few opportunities to use the knowledge.

I simply have days when I hate admitting I have limits. For years, I've just ignored them. This is an issue that gives me a lot of trouble. There is so much I want to do in life and most of it requires extended physical exertion. Can I join your pity party? I've had one coming on since another crash hit me after doing a normal, full day. :-(
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Hello to all ya limbo islanders

I haven't been round here in a bygone but I did remember to bring homemade fudge so help yourself and please don't banish me too the doghouse... after all I did bring lots... of fudge

It has been the same ole same ole... appts made and kept hopes for some answers and hopes dashed like waves upon the shore... only thing that changed was bloodwork should defincentcy in Vitamin B's and D's... freaked the neuro out but PCP said no biggy so who do you belive?
      Also had scary episodes of not being able to be woken up after sleeping for 32 hours straight thru... that happend 3 or 4 times went to sleep study but didn't show anything... but maybe zeizures...???
      On a more happier note... I am gonna be a Nanna again... my youngest is due anytime and my eldest is due in March... we have been shopping till we drop litereally and still have bit more to go...
      I don't know how I am gonna take care of a newborn and hubby who still is having back issues but I will cause it is what has to be done.

Tried to get help in home for household stuff like laundry and mopping floors and we totally got denied because "we are not that bad" I felt like crying and screaming and crying somemore... I use to work for people who were not as "bad off" as me and no I can't get any help... ??? Ok sorry for the pity party... maybe I need a fruity drinks and some fudge...lol

Let me lay in a hamock and soak up some sun and enjoy all your company... cause I really missed ya all alot.. just got a laptop and the net so I can be on anytime now...yeah!

So how is everyone doing?

Comment

1st Limbo land check in

Hello everyone!

I have been reading up and trying to figure all of this out for a few months now. Four years ago, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and over the past 6-7 months, new symptoms started off slowly and are now present daily. I discussed these symptoms (numbness, tingling, cognitive issues, dizziness, etc) with my PCP and he reluctantly sent me to a neurologist. My neurologist felt that these new symptoms were just a progression of the Fibromyalgia but did send me for an MRI without contrast. The findings from the MRI showed 4-5 scattered hyperintense T2 signal foci and that an early demyelination process is a differential consideration given patient's symptoms. I do not get to see my neurologist about these results until March so I am curious as to what exactly it all means. Until then I am here in limbo land and continue to learn as much as I can from the wonderful people on this board.

Comment

Hi Everyone. What a week. Just going to say a few words then off to start the new thread.

Moderator can you lock this thread so that we can post on the new thread. Thank you and (((hugs)))

Welcome to Pelagia and justexhale - I am glad that you found us. Just know that we are here anytime and keep on posting. Lots of (((hugs)))

Miss ginny - Welcome back we have missed you. Enjoy the sun and resting in you hammock. love the fudge!! Lots of (((hugs)))

Greg - I am so sorry to hear of all that you are going through. Just know that we are here for you anytime. I will be praying for you and your family. Lots of (((hugs)))

Derrie - What good news. I also have hip pain along with my leg pain. I hope you are feeling better this week. Lots of (((hugs)))

Jumpinjiminy - Glad that you got to see your doctors. I hope school will slow down soon and i hope you got some good sleep and feel better. Lots of (((hugs)))

Jsage - I hope your trip was good and y'all had fun. Lots of (((hugs))). I still can't find my brain.

MommyRN - Hope you get good news when you get your MRI back. I hope you are feeling better. Lots of (((hugs)))

Inthewoods - Keep hanging in there an know that we are here for you. We all know how frustrating this is. Lots of (((hugs)))

Lorie Lee - I hope this week you are feeling better. I hope you will get good news on your MRI. Lots of (((hugs))) and thank you for thinking of me. Only time will tell how the PT is working out.

Daphnesmommy86 - I hope your MRI will bring some good news. I hope you are feeling better this week. Lots of (((hugs)))

Well i am starting the new thread. I hope to see everyone on the island soon. Lots of (((hugs))) everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X