Question for neuro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for neuro?

Hi, I am still in Limboland ( unable to have MRI's until my spinal stimulator is removed ) I did have EMG's and Nerve studies last wk. My Dr is wonderful and treating my symptoms. I also have Lupus since 1995.

Anyways, I'm used to feeling pretty horrible as of late. Terrible night sweats, up 3-4 times a night to pee, occasional incontinence etc. I always have some form of chest, rib pain I attribute to the "Hug" Was admitted to hosp last yr for cardiac workup because it was on my left side. I said never again will I complain of that.

Anyways Fri night I had aching chest pain on my right side that just didn't feel normal so I went to E.R. and turns out I had a good case of pneumonia going on!
    The only thing different that week was more trouble swallowing, and some throwing up, again nothing too unusual.

My K+ was low too, probably from all the night sweats and peeing. They gave me some supplements to take but I'm leery of that.

Sorry for being so long, but what I wanted to know is if I should notify my neuro or wait for my next appt in Feb to tell him about it. Obviously I feel much worse than normal even. I have a standing script for a Medrol dose pak from my rheumy, wondering if it would hurt to take, or if I should ask him that too.

I need a new GP, mine retired, I'm thinking somewhere along the line I should have a repeat cxr also.

Thank you for listening, as a former RN I think I overanalyze too much!
    Sue

**Line spacing added by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

So sorry you are going through all this crap hon.. HUGS!

But why wouldn't you let them know? Something tells me it could be something other than MS. Have they run labs/tests for your kidneys?

And do not understand why you would not take the extra potassium? Not being at a healthy level can cause all kinds of issues too.

Hope you find a good PCP to figure this all out. Its no fun being in limboland.. I know.

Hugs, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Hi Jan,
      Thanks for your response. I know f/u for the pneumonia is a GP issue, I have one in mind to call tomorrow. I see my Rhuemy every 3 months who keeps a close eye on my kidneys, and a hematologist that monitors my anemia. My Neuro knows about the urine issues, but thinks it's a neurogenic bladder and hasn't decided if a urology workup is needed yet or not. What I was asking is if I should tell my Neuro about the pneumonia and steroids in between. I'm leery of the K+ because it's been slightly low before and I'm afraid supps would make it too high which is dangerous too.
      Thank You again,
      Sue

Comment

Working...
      X