Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice!

Hello,

So i am yet to be diagnosed but am seeing an ms nuero every year now.. I've always had symptoms daily, simply waiting for the evidence to show up. For each check up, I get another round of tests done. (my nuero is very efficient)

Anyway though, I've been having new symptoms - that have not gotten better. Distinctly triggered by stress/ fatigue, they're difficult to handle during the school day. (in highschool currently.)

Should I go in and get the tests done early while symptoms are bad? Or just wait about four more months when my next check up is officially scheduled?

Thanks in advance and best wishes to you all!

Well from me to you, having been on the diagostic wheel for long time, I would rather you get help with treating the symptoms than needing more tests for now. Its not like a NEW symptom means a NEW lesion all the time. In fact I had many lesions, multiple symptoms but no diagnose. Then finally those Dawson finger looking lesions made their appearance.

So yes there is help with fatigue, spasticity, which is tight, sore muscles (hypertone) causing muscle fatigue. Also you'll have to figure out how to rest more, stretch and exercise some too. NOT strenous exercise but ways to move your muscles so they don't feel worse.

May I tell you again, how much I admire you. You're a special younglady, stronger than you know, yet wise enough to ask for help. Also my prayer is that you will go into a remission of symptoms.. hopefully soon.

REST! And know that I am here for you.. always,

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

If your neuro wants to see you every year, my guess is that he/she also wants to see you if new symptoms develop, even if it isn't time for the annual checkup--particularly since you haven't been diagnosed yet.

Meantime, why not figure out some ways of taking it easy if you can? It just might help.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Thanks for the support! I think I may wait the few extra months, maybe focus on how to manage symptom difficulties till then.

I have considered asking him about medication to help with symptoms, but my mother doesn't seem to like the idea..

My time to relax is limited.. Which is okay. I can't quit school , and I volunteer every Saturday for kids with disabilities.. (Love them so much!)

Thanks again and best wishes to you both!!

Comment

Have you had your Vitamin D levels checked? I used to have constant symptoms (I'm not diagnosed either), but when I found out my Vitamin D levels were low, I started taking Vitamin D3. I've been taking 10,000 IU per day as directed by my doctor, and I feel much better. I don't have as many flare ups as I used to, and the usual daily symptoms aren't as bad either.

There is a recent article published by the National MS Society which is talking about how they're doing studies to see if Vitamin D3 can be used for a preventive and treatment for MS. I posted the link the other day, if you're interested in reading it.

I hope you get some answers soon. And yes, you should definitely report new symptoms.

Hugs,

Lisa
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
          X