Son's strange observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son's strange observation

So my son told me last night that I finally look better. I asked what he meant, because I was a bit tired after working all day (and my makeup was wearing off) and didn't think I looked particularly good, and he told me that I'm taller when I feel okay. I asked him was I always like that and he said yes, I am definitely at least an inch taller when I'm feeling okay.

I'm sure its just a posture thing, when my back isn't stiff and hurting I probably do stand straighter.

Has anyone made a similar observation about you?

A son observent of his mom's well-being, how sweet is that.

I know it's true for me, I do stand taller, walk with more confidence and sense of purpose. I can hear it in my steps and it's a welcome sound.

Those days are just too far and few between lately, I appreciate them all the more when they happen.

Comment

No, no one has made any observations about my physical stature, but I know when my leg isn't giving me problems, or my arm isn't hurting, I do walk taller and stand straighter. When things are really bad, I must look like the hunchback of Notre Dame!

Comment

I have noticed this with myself. When I am feeling bad I slump over and just drag myself along. When I am feeling ok I walk a little taller and quicker.
        DX 10/26/11

Comment

Hi Starry,
          about 2 years ago I lost over an inch on one leg in the course of a few months. I was seeing a rheumatologist for 3 years for severe joint pain and stiffness (especially my right hip and knee) which I now recognize as spasticity. My hip and back was tilted and twisted (which we couldn't explain at the time) and probably my muscles were shortened causing me to have an inch difference between the length of both legs. Though disconcerting at the time I was more concerned with other things (like the pain and why I was having it!) and eventually I got that inch back (more or less)
          Just wanted you to know that I believe spasticity can cause you to be temporarily "shorter" (for me temporarily was a few months)
          Hope your "standing tall" often!!
          Lynne
          *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

That's scary thinking it could be caused by spasticity.

@MSW1963 LOL! My son's only other pertinent observation was a few months ago when I proved to him and his brother that I knew every move to the Hammer Dance and he observed that I probably should not have done that.

Comment

Working...
            X