Silly MRI technicians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly MRI technicians!

I had my yearly MRI this morning and you would think that they would not have the images up on their screens when I walk past.

Lo' and behold... I have a new friend hanging out in my brain. I have to wait for my doc to confirm, but once you learn what they look like... its easy to pick them out.

Mine was so bright and shiny... I almost wanted to say "awww, its a new baby" but then I remember that I don't like lesions.

Oh well, time to wait for the doc to give her feedback and what she wants to do.

Is it a new Dawson's Finger?

I have more of them than digits on my hands.

Now if I could only find a way to use my brain fingers instead of hand fingers for blood glucose testing.

Gomer

Comment

Well if its a NEW lesion I am sorry. But you just happened to walk by and singled in on a new lesion? Wow.. what eyesight you must have.

You can get the written report ahead of time if you want But did they give you the CD of the MRI before you left?

Just curious how this place works. I always get the CD given to me right away and then I wait 2 days and the radiologists report is picked up. That way I am prepared to ask my Neuro questions.

Best to you~ Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

The location of the lesion was enhanced and close up.
        I did not get a copy of the CD as they are located directly to my Neuro. I know I probably should, but I honestly keep forgetting.

I can't say how new it is, but it was not there this time last year.

I figure my neuro will contact me tomorrow with the update and report.

Comment

The MRI place I go to has the expert right there when I get mine done and afterwards he calls me in to the room and reads it with me sitting there. Then he gives me a copy of the CD and the report is sent within a couple of days but at least I know what the results are right away.
          Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

I have never gotten a copy of the MRI, why should I. It won't mean anything to me. My Doctor has the Image right after the Scan since everything is Digital here. And the Machine Operator is in another room, so won't ever see the Image on their screen.
            Bill
            Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Originally posted by foxz71 View Post
              The MRI place I go to has the expert right there when I get mine done and afterwards he calls me in to the room and reads it with me sitting there. Then he gives me a copy of the CD and the report is sent within a couple of days but at least I know what the results are right away.
              Just goes to show how different things are in different areas of the country. What you describe would never occur in my area. Radiologists here NEVER sit down with patients and describe their findings - that would be a breach of etiquette. And so many patients are not equipped to understand the findings or to put them in perspective. Anyway, just the sheer volume of cases normally precludes reading the exam immediately after its completion.

And you say the doctor gives you your CD?

rex

Comment

I have never been given a CD of my MRI's why? I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway. I guess here in the South they just don't do that.
                Keep us posted God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

I keep the CDs with me as part of my medical records AND because my MS neuro is not part of the same medical computer program to look it up. I see many different docs and sometimes they want to see them too.

The techs just hand me the CD, I never have to even ask for it.

Jan
                  I believe in miracles~!
                  2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                  Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I'm from the south too and have never been given a cd nor have I ever viewed the screen. Of course I would not know what I was looking at. I have 12 lesions in the brain or that is what my new neurologist told me. My old neuro just told me "lots".

Comment

Where I live we have to wait 1 - 2 weeks for the MRI report and if nothing has changed since the last one, I don't even get called.

Re: the CD. I had to take a CD of my MRI's to the MS Clinic and I was able to order it from the film library at the hospital where I usually go. It was free. The software to read the CD comes on the CD so I was able to view it on my home computer. My teenagers were totally creeped out, but thought it was really cool.
                      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by owlnona View Post
                        I have never been given a CD of my MRI's why? I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway. I guess here in the South they just don't do that.
                        Sure we do, Judy. I give every patient a CD...and I recommend that every patient here request and obtain one, even if you can't read it. Besides, if you have the CD and report, you can look at the images and corellate what you're seeing with his interpretation...and you can learn a little something about your brain.

rex

Comment

I'm also in South Florida, and was given a copy of each of the two MRIs that I've had. Also was given a copy of the written report. Now, understanding them was a whole 'nother thing, LOL, though the part of the written report that said "indicative of multiple sclerosis" was clear.

Comment

I always ask for the printed films. So that I can sit in my car afterwards and look at them. Not hard to pick out new lesions, and I can't handle the waiting to hear from somebody!
                            Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                            X