No announcement yet.

Memory issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.s. I remember an Oprah show a long time ago saying how our brains are overburdened and God did not intend for us to get overcharged. BUT remember when we only had ONE phone number to remember, everything was usually written down like our grocery list, Sunday was a day of rest because nothing was opened except Church?
    NOW, everyone has a cell phone, a home phone, a work phone, a fax phone number etc. There is no rest because everyone has a cell phone as part of their body and it rings 24 hours a day. Computers have taken over and people do not socialize personally any more. (I'll email you but not stop by and check to see how you are doing) It's a whole different world and our brains are not equipped to handle all of this stuff! We work at home after hours on our computers to make sure we get our job done. We skip church because we are just too tired from the week past that our body is craving for rest. It is really sad to me!

Comment

I struggle with my memory also. The instances are too many to even mention. My DW has taken to writing me notes to remind of things I need to do. She also sends e-mails. To help myself, if I have an appointment or have something to do at work the next day I use the calender on my iPhone. It will send me reminders and I manage to get things done.

I mentioned it to my neuro Monday and he reminded me I had told him about my last appointment. He is ordering another MRI.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

I have been forgetting simple things lately myself. I went to get something to eat about 4pm and my hubby said 'aren't you going to have chicken tonight?' and I said I hadn't eaten anything all day and I was starving now, but I'd have chicken later. Well, I ate my food and went to put it down on my lunch tray and found a plate from earlier. Turns out I DID eat earlier. My hubby didn't say anything to me about knowing because he knew I would fight to the death that I didn't eat earlier. I had absolutely no memory of eating. I'm losing my short term memory and it is scary.

Comment

After my first attack, I went back to my part-time job and one morning my boss called asking where I'd hidden the money.

Turned out I'd stuck it in the freezer...for safekeeping maybe?
          Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
          UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I've only recently started this whole process with MS (don't have a formal diagnosis yet, but exacerbation started end of November 2011). Now that I've been told about probable MS as a diagnosis, a lot of things are making a lot more sense. I thought maybe my memory was just getting bad as I get older (although I'm only 32) - if I think of something I need to do or get I will immediately forget. I now keep notes on everything and keep my shopping list on my cell phone making a note of something immediately after thinking of it. I too have noticed forgetting names and forgetting parts of conversations. It drives me crazy but I do my best to work around it all.

Comment

Oh yes I have the memory issues and have actually shared my fears with my mother for a few years that I felt I had alzheimers. I had a great aunt that had severe alzheimers and the thought of it scared me to death.
              The diagnosis of MS made it make sense though. It didn't make my memory any better but at least I know it isn't alzheimers.
              DX 10/26/11

Comment

Working...
              X