No announcement yet.

What's important to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible health care for Americans in America is important to me. I worked full time and did side jobs. Had to go out of town to see dentist. Free clinic out of town to see Dr. He suspected I had something(I did-MS). As I found out 3 yrs later. My point is not me but not everyone can afford insurance. Also symptom management. how a woman with MS , with children , gets by , amazes me. What is becoming most important to me about MS is all the people on this website.

Comment

snake oil

Most important to make people aware of snake oil doctors praying on unfortunates.I got targeted again . This time it is old disregarded tecknology and it costs only $37.00 and we will tell you what food to eat and what food to avoid.Beware
      davslav

Comment

What's Important to me?

That is an easy question....A CURE FOR MS......

Oh sure one could ramble on with more topics than one could diss-out to a genie granting wishes. Beauty queen's will all want world peace, presidents would say re-election, mechanics would say a car to start (after 3 grinding hours of changing every component under the hood whether it warranted or not.....it doesnt matter, the customer will have to pay if they want to drive again.....so you see we all have wants and desires but our realities are all the same and as such there is not a person here that would not say that they wished for a cure for MS,

Have fun everyone!!!!

Comment

what's important to me ?

To right Sparky healthcare is important and here where I live is available to you free and that's how abuse comes in
          as a lot of FDA aproved meds are dished out and thrown away as useless. I don't take any accept codene for pain.But as a newby did take injections (for free)and I stoped them as there was no improvement to my condition.
          davslav

Comment

I know I might sound a little silly, but I would love to see on MSWorld a list of acronyms. Nearly every thread I read has at least one acronym that I can not figure out. Sometimes, I find out they are local acronyms with relevance only to specific countries, (usually the US, but not always) .

I guess if you have been diagnosed for a while it is not an issue, but I am sure for the rest of us newbies, having to research each acronym makes using this site slightly less user friendly.

This is only a minor issue. I am very grateful to have found this site that reaches out to make the world of MS'rs easier to navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
              ... Nearly every thread I read has at least one acronym that I can not figure out. Sometimes, I find out they are local acronyms with relevance only to specific countries, (usually the US, but not always) .

I guess if you have been diagnosed for a while it is not an issue, but I am sure for the rest of us newbies, having to research each acronym makes using this site slightly less user friendly.
              AMEN, brother! Even though I have my own problems typing, I think it's worth the effort to be specific...
              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Arthur, Mike...here ya go:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94607

It used to be stickied everywhere, but it's hard to keep up with all the stuff that needs to be stickied. Newer stuff has to be rotated through, so now and then other stuff has to be taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post
                  Arthur, Mike...here ya go:
                  Ooops! I apologize....Mark! Habit, I guess...Bones' real name is Mike. LOL I'm used to writing his name.

Comment

Thanks
                    Mrs Bones,

I never expected it to be that easy!

Comment

Thanks
                      Mrs Bones,

I never expected it to be that easy!
                      You're welcome.

Never know until you ask, right?

Comment

I know I might sound a little silly, but I would love to see on MSWorld a list of acronyms. Nearly every thread I read has at least one acronym that I can not figure out. Sometimes, I find out they are local acronyms with relevance only to specific countries, (usually the US, but not always) .

This is only a minor issue. I am very grateful to have found this site that reaches out to make the world of MS'rs easier to navigate.

Hi Arthur,

The "sticky" for Abbreviations in the General Forum was archived. I've reinstated it and made it a sticky at the top of the forum. http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94606
                        There is a similar sticky at the top of most of the other forums as well. Sorry for any confusion!
                        Enjoy learning the language of MS.

Be well,

Comment

Thanks Karen,

As we say in Australia, I am one happy little vegemite!

Comment

Diagnosed very recenetly at the age of 62, what is important to me is to keep my ability to walk.
                            I hate how this disease has slowed me down and I'm doing a lot of physio & exercise to fight it off.
                            I asked my GP if I had MS and she said "no" and my idiot neuro should have sent me for a brain scan 2 years ago (I could still walk well w/o a cane the) which was, as he told me at my diagnosis, when he suspected 1st that I had MS.

Comment

I'd say the most important thing to me that I lost, is the loss of use & feeling in my right hand/arm. I can't write now. I scribble & am slow writing. It's an MS symptom that's not invisible. I've learned to adapt & overcome with all the symptoms that I have.
                              Andy

Comment

My number 1 concern is QUALITY of LIFE.

It's also my logic in choosing Copaxone. MY MS neuro was leaning toward Avonex (I think it was) but I made my decision, after studying all the options, about equal effective wise but fewer side effects. I also have to deal with diabetes every day, and flu like Sx and make my diabetes less stable.

For several years before my formal MS Dx
                                , I feared I would end up in a wheel chair before they ever found the REAL cause of my neuro problems. I also feared I would be admitting defeat, giving up when my fam doc said it was TIME for me to start using a chair. It took me some time to accept needing a power-chair even part-time. Now I have accepted ALL my mobility aids, canes, walker, rollator, AFOs, chairs (manual & power) and scooter as TOOLS that make my life better!

Gomer Knowledge is POWER!

Comment

Working...
                                X