Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help--Head & Chest Cold Remedies!!!

Hi All!!!

This is the 1st time I've had a head cold since I've been diagnosed with MS...about 2 1/2 years ago. I have the typical symptoms: headache, sore throat, runny nose, bad cough...etc. What a good way to get rid of the symptoms? I wonder can this cold lead to a flare-up? Should I take some vitamins??

Thanks!!

So far as I know, you can do what you always did for a cold, unless you take meds that might interact (the CRABS don't interact with cold meds).
    I had two major surgeries without an exacerbation, but everyone is different.
    Feel better....

Comment

Originally posted by ACDimplez View Post
      I wonder can this cold lead to a flare-up?
      Hi ACDimplez,

A virus (cold), the flu, and infections can all cause an increase of MS symptoms. This is only temporary. Usually when the virus, flu, infection clears up MS symptoms return to what is normal for you.

This is referred to as a Pseudo-Exacerbation. This is not a true exacerbation (relapse, flare-up, attack).

Hope you feel better soon.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X